Cpu cooler recommendation

Srnewbee

I am looking for a large cooler that will fit my old zotac z77-itx motherboard. I am going to be ocing my 3770k to maybe 4.4 or 4.7. My case is bit fenix prodigy so the height is okay. I am looking for a tall cooler like the intel ts15 one. Before you recommend a cooler, this board is so restrictive that the cpu cooler needs to be 3.7x3.7x height doest matter dimensions. It needs to either look like a square or a cylinder. Please help!

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W

What ram are you using?

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

Why does it need to look like a square or cylinder?

Moved To Air Cooling.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I am using generic samsung ram with no heat spreaders.  It needs to fit into the 3.7x 3.7 because it has all kinds of crap protruding, hence i am looking for a cube or a cyclinder shaped cpu cooler. To illustrate this mobo restrictiveness, on noctua's compatibility page, the only cooler that would fit was the nh l9i out of a dozen.

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

M9i or H7? Both fit fine inside RAM and mobo heatsink area. Maybe H5 Universal too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

20 hours ago, Srnewbee said:

I am using generic samsung ram with no heat spreaders.  It needs to fit into the 3.7x 3.7 because it has all kinds of crap protruding, hence i am looking for a cube or a cyclinder shaped cpu cooler. To illustrate this mobo restrictiveness, on noctua's compatibility page, the only cooler that would fit was the nh l9i out of a dozen.

Oh, the problem isn't the components on front of the motherboard but instead the back which prevents installation of a backplate. These details are mentioned in Noctua's compatibility notes. The NH-L9i is compatible due to not needing a backplate. 

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2018‎년 ‎4‎월 ‎28‎일 at 7:44 AM, WoodenMarker said:

Oh, the problem isn't the components on front of the motherboard but instead the back which prevents installation of a backplate. These details are mentioned in Noctua's compatibility notes. The NH-L9i is compatible due to not needing a backplate. 

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

sorry for the belated reply. I decided to use my old thermolab bada 2010 cooler. I am now thinking about replacing the ghetto stock fan with some noctuas.