I bought a new Samsung Galaxy A8 and have some questions (screen protectors and burn in)

Sooooo I completely f*cking accidentally destroyed my old phone by shooting it with a bow (long story) and bought a new one.

I've bought a Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) and I would like to keep it in one piece this time since its an expensive phone.

I bought a PanzerGlass screen protector for it and got it installed by a professional but the thing is, the sticky edge around the protector was a bit too thick, so part of the glue was on my screen causing two tiny little rainbow colored lines about 1mm from each side of the screen, which was super annoying...

So for my first question, does anyone know of a good case / screen protector? (I don't like flip covers btw)

Now, this phone has a super nice feature where the screen keeps displaying the clock / calendar when you turn the screen off which is really nice but I'm affraid it will cause screen burn in...

For my second question, does the always on display cause screen burn in or not?

And the last thing I'm worried about is the phone claims to be waterproof. Does this mean i can take it in the shower or is that not safe?

Kind regards,

Mark :)

Oh i forgot to add, the phone comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 4

Does that mean it has a built in screen protector or should i still buy one?

Screen protectors come in two main types. Either the standard plastic screen protector which is more protective against drops but much worse for scratches, or the glass screen protector which is very resilient against scratches, but is slightly less reliable for drops. 

The display is OLED which suggests it could get burn-in over a long period of time. However the clock moves around the screen I think? So it shouldn't be an issue if this is the case.

Corning Gorilla Glass 4 is not a screen protector, just the type of glass used on the screen. It's fairly strong but most phones use this so it's not an extra barrier.

The waterproofing has a rating EG: IP67. Google this 4 character code to see how much it is rated for.

I edit my posts a lot.

Just now, MrDrWho13 said:

Screen protectors come in two main types. Either the standard plastic screen protector which is more protective against drops but much worse for scratches, or the glass screen protector which is very resilient against scratches, but is slightly less reliable for drops. 

The display is OLED which suggests it could get burn-in over a long period of time. However the clock moves around the screen I think? So it shouldn't be an issue if this is the case.

Corning Gorilla Glass 4 is not a screen protector, just the type of glass used on the screen. It's fairly strong but most phones use this so it's not an extra barrier.

Alright, any good brands for a glass screen protector? 

1 minute ago, SpaceTurtle said:

Alright, any good brands for a glass screen protector? 

I'd just go on Amazon and see which have the best reviews.

I edit my posts a lot.

According to Samsung it's IP68, which is described as "Protected from total dust ingress.and "Protected from long term immersion up to a specified pressure.", so technically it would be shower safe. Note the technically though, as above 6 the waterproof part isn't cumulative (so while it could be immersion safe, it might not be shower safe, even though the two sound mutually inclusive). I like to keep electronics and water away from each other if I can help it though :P 

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB