Motherbard Help First Time Building

Hey guys i am building my first PC an i was wondering when you install the motherboard there is a disc in the box with all the drivers. People always say to download the latest from online so i went to the ASUS website and looked at the motherboard i have and there is a lot f driver options i thought it was only one file is there a way to automatically update the drivers sorry for my ignorance but i used to be a console where everything was to simple :(

I see all these options of drivers which ones should i download and install (ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0) and i am going to be building my PC in 2 days just waiting for my gpu to arrive. Any help. Also this is my first time using these forums i watch linus on youtube and decided to give a try on forums, also i couldnt find a motherboard section so sorry if i am posting on the wrong section.

Qualified Vendor List (3)

Hotfix (2)

BIOS (12)

BIOS-Utilities (2)

Chipset (4)

AUDIO (4)

LAN (3)

USB (3)

Utilities (21)

SATA (5)

Manual (12)

Hey guys i am building my first PC an i was wondering when you install the motherboard there is a disc in the box with all the drivers. People always say to download the latest from online so i went to the ASUS website and looked at the motherboard i have and there is a lot f driver options i thought it was only one file is there a way to automatically update the drivers sorry for my ignorance but i used to be a console where everything was to simple :(

I see all these options of drivers which ones should i download and install (ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0) and i am going to be building my PC in 2 days just waiting for my gpu to arrive. Any help. Also this is my first time using these forums i watch linus on youtube and decided to give a try on forums, also i couldnt find a motherboard section so sorry if i am posting on the wrong section.

Qualified Vendor List (3)

Hotfix (2)

BIOS (12)

BIOS-Utilities (2)

Chipset (4)

AUDIO (4)

LAN (3)

USB (3)

Utilities (21)

SATA (5)

Manual (12)

Look at the dates of each download, they usually give you several options, from the first release to the latest update.  Always get the last driver of each category.

You should download Chipset, LAN, Audio, USB and not worry about the rest, unless you have some kind of issue, that may be corrected with the Hotfixes or BIOS updates. 

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Look at the dates of each download, they usually give you several options, from the first release to the latest update.  Always get the last driver of each category.

You should download Chipset, LAN, Audio, USB and not worry about the rest, unless you have some kind of issue, that may be corrected with the Hotfixes or BIOS updates

so should i install the CD Drivers r just skip that and install all the new ones from online and thanks for your help.

Just get the drivers from the website. 

Don't throw away the disc though, if you ever have to format the PC and you don't have another PC to get the online drivers, you can use the disc to install at least the LAN drivers to get online and get the rest of the drivers.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Bois

Chipset 

Intel's Engine Management

LAN (internet, of course)

Any Audio drivers

(GPU)

Utilities are not need, unless wanted. Such as live update, intel rapid storage, and such.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Look into the disk, what ever driver you see or want, go to the website and get the latest version of.... Or do as I listed above, just like what others said.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Look into the disk, what ever driver you see or want, go to the website and get the latest version of.... Or do as I listed above, just like what others said.

alright i hope i have good luck really nervous for my first build

alright i hope i have good luck really nervous for my first build

Good Luck man. It is not very complicated once done, like all things. Just think twice of your parts, and finish a great PC! Carry on...

Good Luck man. It is not very complicated once done, like all things. Just think twice of your parts, and finish a great PC! Carry on...

Thanks im just scared because i heard uf you touch the cpu pins it can break lol darn consoles made me so spoil lol

Thanks im just scared because i heard uf you touch the cpu pins it can break lol darn consoles made me so spoil lol

Grab by the sides. They won't break without a little force. Avoid touching the back plate (silver, of course, opposite to the pins) for hand oil/dirt. Plus, the main reason you shouldn't touch the circuity is the CHANCES of the circuits frying/shorting out. I am not trying to be hard on you at all, just saying, their is no real danger if you are careful, and as beginners just remain to touch the sides, not pins or "green circuitry" and such. Hehe .... sometimes I get lost in what

I am typing. Good luck man, no worries. 

install the disk then go in to device manager then right click then update drivers

Something Awesome!