Palutena Amiibo Lot - Hold or Sell?

Xanthe_2871

Hi! My local Toys R Us was selling off Palutena Amiibo from the Super Smash Bros lineup for $2.53 each, plus tax. I looked them up on eBay and they go for around $8 and change with shipping included. So I bought 70 of them from the store. 

MVC-0024.thumb.jpg.4be4a1e67758fcf4c96dd6b80e11addc.jpg

I want to sell them on eBay, for a reasonable profit, but I need some advice. If I list them now, $8 per toy -$3.50 shipping (including the label and materials), -$0.80 in eBay fees, -$0.56 in PayPal fees, -$2.77 I paid for the toy, I still make 37 cents profit on each one, or about $25 plus (hopefully) 70 positive feedbacks. If that's the best I can do, I'm happy with that. 70 gamers get a new Amiibo they've been wanting for a fair price and I get good feedback for my profile. 

But, a new Smash Bros is coming out for the Switch later this year. Fancy port of the Wii U version or entirely new game, it will probably have Palutena. She's a first party Nintendo character, I see no reason they'd cut her out. The new game will also undoubtedly support Amiibo, and with the 50 some Smash Amiibo already out, plus whatever new characters are added to the Switch version, I anticipate these Amiibo will be worth more around that time.

If I can sell these for $12 or $15 each 6 months from now then I'll happily hold on to them and sell then. I'm not sure if that will be the case. I also don't want to sell them for a huge markup... one of the reasons I buy cheap clearance Amiibo and resell on eBay is to help other gamers like myself not pay $50 for a plastic toy. If these go way up in value, I'll be in a difficult position. Selling too cheaply will likely mean the moment it's listed all 70 get bought by an eBay scalper bot for someone else to resell, but at the same time I don't want to sell them for a huge mark up.

In a perfect world I'd like to sell them for around the original MSRP. Make some profit, but not horribly inflated level, and help 70 gamers, not a few resellers, get the Amiibo they want at a good price. Does anyone have advice on how I might accomplish this?

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

I can't imagine 37 cents each is even worth the effort of listing them, never mind all the other stuff you'll have to do (actually shipping them, etc.)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I can't imagine 37 cents each is even worth the effort of listing them, never mind all the other stuff you'll have to do (actually shipping them, etc.)

If I sell now, it would be as a service to the gamers, and to collect feedback. Not for making a profit. $25 for selling 70 items isn't worth my time.

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-