What's the difference?

ErykYT3

The IP rating, one is IP X4 and the other IP X5

What these mean:

4    Splashing water    Water splashing against the enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effect.
5    Water jets    Water projected by a nozzle (6.3mm) against enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The first one is called the slim, the other one is the slim+.

The slim+ has aptX, which means better audio over bluetooth.

7 minutes ago, Minibois said:

What these mean:

5 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

The first one is called the slim, the other one is the slim+.

The slim+ has aptX, which means better audio over bluetooth.

Thanks guys!

1 hour ago, Minibois said:

What these mean:

IPX5 – (this is where the super soaker is allowed). Will protect your stuff from water jets at any direction. Spray away kiddo, spray away.

Does this mean the earphones can be used in the shower? I'm assuming yes but that they would start breaking down after time.

1 minute ago, ErykYT3 said:

IPX5 – (this is where the super soaker is allowed). Will protect your stuff from water jets at any direction. Spray away kiddo, spray away.

Does this mean the earphones can be used in the shower? I'm assuming yes but that they would start breaking down after time.

I would say IPX5 will be shower friendly, or 'normal rain' friendly (rain is one thing they do advertise with).

These do look kinda good, I might consider picking a pair up once they are available where I live.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

I would say IPX5 will be shower friendly, or 'normal rain' friendly (rain is one thing they do advertise with).

These do look kinda good, I might consider picking a pair up once they are available where I live.

Ordered already, Figured I could always cancel once I got replies here and I wasn't happy with it but I think they're great.

So, Shower Friendly but not exactly advertised for that, still good since it's (friendly) at least, but I wouldn't use it at a very high pressure.

On 4/24/2018 at 3:57 PM, ErykYT3 said:

Ordered already, Figured I could always cancel once I got replies here and I wasn't happy with it but I think they're great.

So, Shower Friendly but not exactly advertised for that, still good since it's (friendly) at least, but I wouldn't use it at a very high pressure.

yeah I would just say be careful with soap and things of that nature, not sure if the oils/chemicals of the shampoo and soap would have any adverse effects on them