Hardline PETG bend question

Hi everyone.

I just noticed something strange with one of my PETG tube bends,  It have straightened out a bit by itself and is now pushing slightly on my reservoar.

Is it normal after some use that tubes straightens a bit ?  My bend was close to 90 degrees when I installed it but its more like 100 - 110 degrees now.

I have to fix it for sure when i'm doing my maintenance next time if not sooner.   Anyone else had this problem ?  

I use the 5/8" Clear Monsoon PETG hardline tubes. 

2 hours ago, InsufficientSleep said:

-

Not unless your fluid is getting incredibly hot, and not 100% sure that is even possible (i.e. I'm not sure if PETG is supposed to get soft even at 99 degrees celcius). 

I use EK PETG tubing and this has never happened with my systems.

Petg can start bending at 62 degree C. But that's liquid temp that's pretty warm. It's only getting soft though but if you had a tight fit between connections then it could bend out of shape if it was 62c water temp. Must be some heat load or fans hardly spinning or rad is full of dust. Your rad should be pretty hot though. Or was the system on with a really hot day in the room with a work load.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

4 hours ago, Maticks said:

Petg can start bending at 62 degree C. But that's liquid temp that's pretty warm. It's only getting soft though but if you had a tight fit between connections then it could bend out of shape if it was 62c water temp. Must be some heat load or fans hardly spinning or rad is full of dust. Your rad should be pretty hot though. Or was the system on with a really hot day in the room with a work load.

It's a over clocked ryzen 1800x system.  When the weather is hot and I'm streaming/gaming a long time it settles in at around 70c.  

4 minutes ago, InsufficientSleep said:

It's a over clocked ryzen 1800x system.  When the weather is hot and I'm streaming/gaming a long time it settles in at around 70c.  

70C is way to high for the liquid. Most pumps are rated for max 60C. You should either add more radiator surface or increase fan speed.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

1 hour ago, InsufficientSleep said:

pretty sure you are talking about cpu temperature. we are talking about the fluid temperature which you will need a probe for, do you have one?

my CPU hits a good 82c but my liquid temps are about 26c about 6 above ambient.

CPU temps will always be much higher than liquid its a lot of heat packed into a little space its not going to transfer all that to the water.

If your radiator is really hot then put the fan speed up a bit, but if its only warm then its likely only in the 30's.

62C water is going to have that radiator hot to the touch.

do you have your fans running at half speed and do you feel air going through the radiator.

assuming your using static pressure fans and not airflow ones.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

3 hours ago, For Science! said:

pretty sure you are talking about cpu temperature. we are talking about the fluid temperature which you will need a probe for, do you have one?

Yes it is ( facepalm). I was at work and didn't think before I posted it.

2 hours ago, Maticks said:

my CPU hits a good 82c but my liquid temps are about 26c about 6 above ambient.

CPU temps will always be much higher than liquid its a lot of heat packed into a little space its not going to transfer all that to the water.

If your radiator is really hot then put the fan speed up a bit, but if its only warm then its likely only in the 30's.

62C water is going to have that radiator hot to the touch.

do you have your fans running at half speed and do you feel air going through the radiator.

assuming your using static pressure fans and not airflow ones.

I'm using 3 Corsair ML pro 120mm fans and they are blowing good through the rad ( at least I think so ).

Some more info if it helps, maybe I have stuff that doesn't go well together.

- Radiator, XSPC AX360 Triple fan radiator  

- Water block, XSPC Raystorm Pro AM4

- Res. and pump combo, XSPC X4 Photon 170

- Fan,  3 x Corsair ML pro 120mm 

- Coolant, EK Cryofuel

Can I use one of the temp probes that came with the mobo and drop that in the reservoar to check the coolant temps ?  

7 hours ago, InsufficientSleep said:

Yes it is ( facepalm). I was at work and didn't think before I posted it.

I'm using 3 Corsair ML pro 120mm fans and they are blowing good through the rad ( at least I think so ).

Some more info if it helps, maybe I have stuff that doesn't go well together.

- Radiator, XSPC AX360 Triple fan radiator  

- Water block, XSPC Raystorm Pro AM4

- Res. and pump combo, XSPC X4 Photon 170

- Fan,  3 x Corsair ML pro 120mm 

- Coolant, EK Cryofuel

Can I use one of the temp probes that came with the mobo and drop that in the reservoar to check the coolant temps ?  

You only need a dual rad min for cooling just a cpu. A triple will be fine. ML fans are between a static and airflow.i haven’t used them before but techtubers have done tests and say it’s just as good as a static pressure fan.

i can’t see anything wrong with your setup. 

STORAGE 

I can't find anything wrong so I'm just gonna try to bend a new pipe when servicing the loop next time