1g gelid GC extreme paste

hello everyone,

how many *Laptop* CPUs i would be able to paste with 1g Gelid GC Extreme paste?

Thank you all :) 

All of them? Conductivity only matters with GPUs. AFAIK. And that paste is non-conductive. Or do you mean how many with 1gram of paste? I have pasted 3 desktup CPUs with Noctua tube that comes with cooler. I think thats 1g tube. Why you ask?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

53 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

All of them? Conductivity only matters with GPUs. AFAIK. And that paste is non-conductive. Or do you mean how many with 1gram of paste? I have pasted 3 desktup CPUs with Noctua tube that comes with cooler. I think thats 1g tube. Why you ask?

i just want to know how many CPUs i can paste with 1g of thermal paste (Gelid GC Extreme) is it good for four laptop CPUs ?

13 minutes ago, OCD-FREAK said:

i just want to know how many CPUs i can paste with 1g of thermal paste (Gelid GC Extreme) is it good for four laptop CPUs ?

Depends on applying method. I would say 3 is at least and if you are tidy, you can squeeze 4th in too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I bought this stuff a couple years ago.   It's lasted though at least 4 or 5 applications and afew redo jobs..  I still have over half left.  It lasts forever for normal home user. 

I bet it could do at least 20 laptop CPUs. 

Edit: I read the post wrong.   I bought the 10 gram gelic cg extreme..   I've also used the one gram.   It's my favoritest paste ever

2 minutes ago, Matacks said:

I bought this stuff a couple years ago.   It's lasted though at least 4 or 5 applications and afew redo jobs..  I still have over half left.  It lasts forever for normal home user. 

I bet it could do at least 20 laptop CPUs. 

but you bought the * 1 gram * Gelid Extreme ?? because that is unbelievable!  

5 minutes ago, Matacks said:
2 minutes ago, OCD-FREAK said:

but you bought the * 1 gram * Gelid Extreme ?? because that is unbelievable!  

Edit: I read the post wrong.   I bought the 10 gram gelic cg extreme..   I've also used the one gram.   It's my favoritest paste ever

:P

I'll try help you out. I'm partial to certain vendors but I'll never pretend to know something I don't. Stay cool. 

Yea.. I bought the 10 gram. I misread that.

Realistically you could do 2 or 3 laptop CPUs with the 1 gram.  Perhaps more as laptop cousin are such tiny unlidded things.   It Depends on how you are at getting it good on the first try.

I like the little spatula thing it comes with.

1 minute ago, Matacks said:

Yea.. I bought the 10 gram. I misread that.

Realistically you could do 2 or 3 laptop CPUs with the 1 gram.   Depends how good you are at getting it good on the first try.   I like the little spatula thing it comes with.

thats better because i was about to go nuts haha. so 1g can paste 2 or 3 laptop CPUs and if i go neat i can manage to paste a 4th CPU.  now what do you think of the paste it self ? i mean is there anything better than the Gelid Extreme , besides the liquid metal ?

I think the stuff is a little tricky.   Sometimes it sticks when you try to spread it with the little spatula..   But my feeling is once CPU gets hot it melts a little and turns in a nice even thin layer of thermal paste.   You can do the dot method but then you don't get to have fun using the little spatula.    I imagine it could also be used by a very tiny person to flip pancakes.

I like to apply a thin bead starting at one edge of CPU, then use the little spatual to flatten and drag the bead over the top in a few swipes.    

I recently did my gaming laptop with it.   I noticed MSI like to use an entire gram of thermal compund on the CPU..  after I redid it I noticed my fans not working as hard.   Well, also dusted out the heatsinks.. and fan.  It worked good.  

I don't know about other paste.  I have so much gelid paste I haven't needed to buy different ones.

12 minutes ago, Matacks said:

I think the stuff is a little tricky.   Sometimes it sticks when you try to spread it with the little spatula..   But my feeling is once CPU gets hot it melts a little and turns in a nice even thin layer of thermal paste.   You can do the dot method but then you don't get to have fun using the little spatula.    I imagine it could also be used by a very tiny person to flip pancakes.

I like to apply a thin bead starting at one edge of CPU, then use the little spatual to flatten and drag the bead over the top in a few swipes.    

I recently did my gaming laptop with it.   I noticed MSI like to use an entire gram of thermal compund on the CPU..  after I redid it I noticed my fans not working as hard.   Well, also dusted out the heatsinks.. and fan.  It worked good.  

I don't know about other paste.  I have so much gelid paste I haven't needed to buy different ones.

thanks for your answer. i never spread thermal paste, i let it get spread evenly by the pressure of the heatsink mounting. i guess i have to open a new topic asking what Thermal pastes are better than Gelid Extreme.