Did I make a mistake

Laycoon
Go to solution Solved by Crunchy Dragon,

$150 is the recommended price for a GTX 970. If it has been used for cryptomining, I honestly wouldn't worry too much about it. Mining cards are actually pretty good for gaming.

So i'm building a new rig soon and with GPU prices the way they are I decided to go to ebay, I found a GTX 970 for $150 and bid on it and won, however the seller didn't mention if it had been used for cryptomining, and also has 0 feedback, should I be worried, or did I just strike a gold mine deal?

$150 is the recommended price for a GTX 970. If it has been used for cryptomining, I honestly wouldn't worry too much about it. Mining cards are actually pretty good for gaming.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

6 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Thanks for the feedback, just talked to him, said he used it for light gaming so im pretty excited.

On 4/21/2018 at 10:24 PM, Laycoon said:

It'll probably be fine, you can usually get a refund if there's any issues.
I woulda just gone with a cheap ass R3 2200G system for $400 until GPU prices settle though.
Are you throwing that into a current PC or are you building a new one?

On 4/21/2018 at 10:40 PM, Laycoon said:

Thanks for the feedback, just talked to him, said he used it for light gaming so im pretty excited.

He would never actually tell you if it were being used for mining or not lol. Everyone is lying to you on the internet, never forget that.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Laycoon said:

If it was just used for light gaming, then it's practically a steal.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

On 4/21/2018 at 10:41 PM, Streetguru said:

It'll probably be fine, you can usually get a refund if there's any issues.

I woulda just gone with a cheap ass R3 2200G system for $400 until GPU prices settle though.

Are you throwing that into a current PC or are you building a new one?

Sorry for the extremely late response lol, It was for a current build and the GPU works amazing!