Samsung 840 Evo Vs. 840 Pro

Rabi

Hey I'm looking at getting an ssd for my new build, and I don't quite understand the differences between the Samsung 840 EVO and 840 pro. Anyways I was wondering if someone could help me decide between the two!

EDIT! 

I have an AMD FX-8350 and I heard some reviews saying that Samsung SSD's do not work well with AMD based builds is this true and if so what is the next best SSD?

Thanks! 

840 PRO is slightly better in pretty much every way apart from price.  Most would say the performance difference isn't enough to justify the extra price for the PRO but I say it is as it's not much more.  http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/965?vs=665

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

The 840 EVO go up to 1tb and the pro only goes up to 512gb.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Evo

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Pro has longer lifetime I think

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

Thank you for your input everyone!

The 840 Pro uses the usual MLC technology which means that there are 2 bits saved on each transistor.

The 840 Evo uses TLC technology. So it can save 3 bits one one transistor. This usually decreases the performance and lifetime of NAND flash,

but Samsung did a great job keeping the Performance almost at the 840 Pro's level.

I think it really doesn't matter which SSD you choose. A normal PC-User won't feel a difference,

and I don't think you'll keep your SSD for more than 10 years, which means that the better lifetime won't give you anything.

There's not much of a difference in performance. 

What I'd say that matters is just the longer warranty on the Pro. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.