Wich would you choose ?

Hi :) 

I've been looking at these RAM to pair with a 8600k, z370 asrock killer sli and my gtx 1070 :)

USD: AGEIS = 202$

Ripjaws = 227$

Wich is the better pick ? :) 

billige ram.PNG

dyre ram.PNG

Id go with the G.Skill Aegis personally.

Depends on what you want. Looks like the main difference is Ripjaws has a heat spreader and better timings. Should not amount to any additional performance for gaming though.

Aegis is cheaper soo... unless you REALLY like the look of the ripjaws, go aegis

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

They are pretty much the same - ram is ram. They're both 3000MHz speed so if you don't mind spending little extra then go for the looks and whichever will match your design better. That's how I would choose between them.

Let know later which one did you choose eventually :)

Well I personally would go Ripjaws but I am a crazy person who likes getting minimum latency, for general use and gaming there will be no difference so just go aegis since its cheaper

(tbf though when I go my ram it was half the cost xD)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

nothing wrong with saving a few bucks if you like the red and black colors...

the cheaper one is also low profile which is great for big air coolers

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Gskill has tighter timmings, though your on intel so that shouldn't matter as much.

Spoiler

Nihla

i5 4570k @ 4.20ghz 1.2v | Zotac 1060 AMP + Zotac 1070 ti Mini | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | X2 LG 29UC88

Hifiman HE4xx | Philips SHP9500s | Swans HiVi M10

Hehe thanks for the feedback :D

how does this setup sound ? 

Asrock z370 killer sli

AGEIS ram

i5 8600k ?

Or should I cheap out and get an 8400?

7C21838F-7C55-4335-B7A6-41033396AA72.png

Well if you don't plan to OC then there is no need for the 8600k but it can overclock like a boss, it really depends on what you want to do and what the price difference is over there. I'd personally go 8600k as it will last you longer but you could go 8400 and if the motherboard you have has MCE all the cores could be set to 4GHz, that being said the 8600k with MCE would boost to 4.3 and be 7.5% faster as a result with the ability to push it further (with good cooling it could go as high as 5Ghz which is 25% faster and 4.5GHz would be possible with most coolers 12.5% faster)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Same thing essentially but the Ripjaws V is mad ugly!

If the budget is there, get the 8600K, incase of a future overclock, higher clock speed and from what I can see, very minimal price difference.

Also from experience, if you feel like you are cheaping out in a part before you ever buy it, you will never be happy with it ?