getting bios screen when starting/restarting pc

can you pls help as it my girl freeind who having this issue im in the uk she in usa right now so cant help to much if you can figger this out it would be awesome thanx...

You're technically supposed to see the BIOS screen when you start a computer. Are you saying that it gets stuck at the BIOS screen when you try to boot?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

it gets stuck at bios and have to press f8 to get it to boot an it either boots or it shows a hardrive list an have to pick one to boot from

1 minute ago, deathsblow said:

it gets stuck at bios and have to press f8 to get it to boot an it either boots or it shows a hardrive list an have to pick one to boot from

Have you tried updating the BIOS?

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

3 minutes ago, deathsblow said:

how do i go about do that go to asus ?

Go to your motherboard's support page, and look for a BIOS download. Then follow the instructions for flashing it that they should provide.

Another idea would be to change your boot order, sometimes the system gets somehow "confused" as to which drive to boot from, in your bios configuration, you should be able to go into something that says something along the lines of "boot order" or "boot options" and switch around which drive it tries to boot from. Just make sure to choose the right one as top priority and exit with saved changes.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming