Ventilation

Hi guys, I'm looking for your opinion on whether this cabinet would provide enough ventilation for the networking gear i will be buying. 3 cisco routers and 3 switches. Here is a link to the rack.... https://www.ebay.com/itm/152682399938#rwid Thanks!!!

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

As @leadeater said, those cabs are desined for that sort of equipment.

If you aren't going to fill the cab, you can aid the overall heat dispersion by spacing out the switches through the cab, such as leaving 1U between each networking device.

If you're going to fill it, heating still shouldn't be too much of an issue (unless the overall room temperature is high), but I'd recommend organising the cab for better cable management. I've inherited my work network, but if I could, I'd have them laid out as such:

Patch panel A

Switch A

Switch B

Patch panel B

Patch panel C

Switch C

Switch D

Patch Panel D

You get the idea. That configuration creates a small disatance and easy to trace cable from each patch to corresponding switch. At the moment it's another typical spaghetti junction in all our cabs.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

5 minutes ago, chiller15 said:

As @leadeater said, those cabs are desined for that sort of equipment.

If you aren't going to fill the cab, you can aid the overall heat dispersion by spacing out the switches through the cab, such as leaving 1U between each networking device.

If you're going to fill it, heating still shouldn't be too much of an issue (unless the overall room temperature is high), but I'd recommend organising the cab for better cable management. I've inherited my work network, but if I could, I'd have them laid out as such:

Patch panel A

Switch A

Switch B

Patch panel B

Patch panel C

Switch C

Switch D

Patch Panel D

You get the idea. That configuration creates a small disatance and easy to trace cable from each patch to corresponding switch. At the moment it's another typical spaghetti junction in all our cabs.

it's going to be a home lab for my CCNA

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

2 minutes ago, MrMcMuffinJr said:

it's going to be a home lab for my CCNA

In that case you can ignore the last 3/4 of my post! (Or maybe it'll be handy knowledge for the future?)

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

7 minutes ago, chiller15 said:

In that case you can ignore the last 3/4 of my post! (Or maybe it'll be handy knowledge for the future?)

maybe after I get my CCNP ill convert it to an overkill home network setup

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler