Thermaltake commander fp any good?

seba7661

i need a fan hub and a usb 2.0 hub. i though of getting the corsair commander pro but its quite exspensive. so i wanted the nzxt internal usb hub. and the thermaltake commander fp. but i dont know if i can control the fan speed. if they dont have a program can i just do it over the bios and change the speed on the one fan header the comander is getting extended from?

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

:Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P

Yeah you just use the BIOS to change fan speeds as normal. :)

I'll try help you out. I'm partial to certain vendors but I'll never pretend to know something I don't. Stay cool. 

The Commander FP splits a pwm signal to 10 headers. It doesn't use any software. The pwm signal and any fan control will have to come from the header you plug it into--usually your motherboard.

What motherboard do you have and what fans are you trying to control?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

9 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The Commander FP splits a pwm signal to 10 headers. It doesn't use any software. The pwm signal and any fan control will have to come from the header you plug it into--usually your motherboard.

What motherboard do you have and what fans are you trying to control?

asus maximuss viii formula and 4 corsair ml 120 rgbs and 3 ml 140 rgbs. 

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P

2 minutes ago, seba7661 said:

asus maximuss viii formula and 4 corsair ml 120 rgbs and 3 ml 140 rgbs. 

Looks good. Any of the motherboard fan headers should be fine for the hub. It should auto detect the mode but you can set the fan header to pwm manually in the motherboard settings.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

Looks good. Any of the motherboard fan headers should be fine for the hub. It should auto detect the mode but you can set the fan header to pwm manually in the motherboard settings.

okay nice, so if i make a costume fan curve on the header the commander is running over all the fans will run at that?

11 hours ago, seba7661 said:

okay nice, so if i make a costume fan curve on the header the commander is running over all the fans will run at that?

Yes, it'll duplicate the pwm signal it receives to its headers.