Crypto currency

Yes, however the profit would be miserable and you may pay for more electricity than what you earn.

Use whattomine.com to find the most profitable currency.

13 minutes ago, ScratchCat said:

Yes, however the profit would be miserable and you may pay for more electricity than what you earn.

Use whattomine.com to find the most profitable currency.

?????

Unless you know how much he's paying for electricity, the assumption that he's going to pay more electricity than he can earn is completely false. Especially when you follow this with a link to a profitability calculator that basically says that he would need to pay roughly $0.4 / KWh for that to be true ...

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

4 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

?????

Unless you know how much he's paying for electricity, the assumption that he's going to pay more electricity than he can earn is completely false. Especially when you follow this with a link to a profitability calculator that basically says that he would need to pay roughly $0.4 / KWh for that to be true ...

I personally think that ~$0.30 per day at best is pointless, given one has to also deal with the noise and heat.

Going by the rates for Europe/NA I get an estimate of 15-20 Cents/kWh. OP is running a single RX 480 but also has to power the CPU, MB etc (highly likely to be high end parts with C-States disabled) one could estimate a power draw of 200-250W if the GPU is underclocked. Inserting these value into the website at $0.2/kWh results in a value of ~$0.02/day.

Link

Yes it would be profitable to mine but due to the overhead from the rest of the system it would be irrelevant right now. If one were mining with multiple GPUs it would make more sense due to higher profit per day per GPU.

a single RX 480 won't be making $0.30 per day, I used to mine with a 7870 up until a few weeks ago and even with the low profitability I was still getting around $0.65-0.75 per day (before electricity cost) ... with NiceHash, so a 480 should get a lot more than $0.30, especially is the OP mines directly.

To calculate profitability everything has to be calculated, yes. Except if like me, the PC is on 24h anyway, then I don't think it should be calculated that way.

My point being ; asking questions first should always be the first thing when evaluating stuff like this, assuming for the other person isn't going to be accurate and won't help the OP.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !