LG G6

jefire411

Hey does anyone with an LG G6 play PUBG mobile? If so, how playable is it and at what settings? How is battery life under normal use?

i have the G6, and i just cant recomend it at all. camera is garbage, skin is IMO crap. sure its pretty snappy but thats about all its got going for it as i see it. as for your question, i dont play it but battery life is OK and its a decently fast phone is all i can say

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

My G6 has been rock-solid, no issues.  I don't play PUBG in any context though.  If your objective is to play games on the phone, look at screen quality, battery life, processor, and GPU specifics.

5 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i have the G6, and i just cant recomend it at all. camera is garbage, skin is IMO crap. sure its pretty snappy but thats about all its got going for it as i see it. as for your question, i dont play it but battery life is OK and its a decently fast phone is all i can say

I don't really care about the skin, but battery life and performance is what matters to me.

5 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

for about 200 USD do you guys think it's worth it?

25 minutes ago, jefire411 said:

I don't really care about the skin, but battery life and performance is what matters to me.

for about 200 USD do you guys think it's worth it?

That's ~$350 less than I paid, so yah that's not bad

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

That's ~$350 less than I paid, so yah that's not bad

yeah I'm looking for anything under $250. I am also considering used and refurbished phones locally and from ebay.

From my personal experiences LG is really trash at making a good phone.

i5 7600K / Gigabyte R9 280X Windforce / Corsair Vengeance 8GB 3000/ Asus Prime Z270-P / beQuiet PowerZone 650W / Fractal Design Define S

240GB+480GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / Alpenföhn Brocken Eco / Lioncast LK30 / Razer Deathadder 2013 / t.bone SC 440 / Plantronics RIG500 / Sennheiser CX 3.00

GROUP B - The Golden Era of Rallying :x

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $1843 ($491 with sales)
  • Games owned: 129
  • Games played: 103 (79%)
  • Hours on record: 6,564.3h

4 hours ago, Rappalores said:

From my personal experiences LG is really trash at making a good phone.

what have you encountered in you experience and from what devices?

14 hours ago, jefire411 said:

what have you encountered in you experience and from what devices?

I have a G3 and it had a broken mainboard (in warranty time) and yet they refused to accept it at first. It was non rooted or modded in any way, yet they first didn't want to look at it and then they wanted me to pay for it, although it was still in warranty. Finally it has been sent in and repaired, but it still is horribly slow at times, despite certain methods (still, no root or Custom ROM) and several factory wipes. Camera is decent though. Since I got a new battery the power and usability has increased a lot too.

i5 7600K / Gigabyte R9 280X Windforce / Corsair Vengeance 8GB 3000/ Asus Prime Z270-P / beQuiet PowerZone 650W / Fractal Design Define S

240GB+480GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / Alpenföhn Brocken Eco / Lioncast LK30 / Razer Deathadder 2013 / t.bone SC 440 / Plantronics RIG500 / Sennheiser CX 3.00

7 hours ago, Rappalores said:

I have a G3 and it had a broken mainboard (in warranty time) and yet they refused to accept it at first. It was non rooted or modded in any way, yet they first didn't want to look at it and then they wanted me to pay for it, although it was still in warranty. Finally it has been sent in and repaired, but it still is horribly slow at times, despite certain methods (still, no root or Custom ROM) and several factory wipes. Camera is decent though. Since I got a new battery the power and usability has increased a lot too.

I'm thinking that I should have the LG G6 battery I will order from eBay changed by a professional but I wonder if it will still be "water resistant"

What I forgot to say: very often when my phone takes fucking ages to process something you can even hear it not being able to handle stuff because the music stops for a moment and is replaced by a loud buzzing noise. Not sure if it's GPS fault or my phone but it often takes ages to grab my correct location, even when I stand in the middle of nowhere. Service in buildings is utter trash, takes ages to reconnect when going outside again. If using some app other than Whatsapp and Spotify it gets so warm I could use the heat to bake a pizza.

8 hours ago, Rappalores said:

What I forgot to say: very often when my phone takes fucking ages to process something you can even hear it not being able to handle stuff because the music stops for a moment and is replaced by a loud buzzing noise. Not sure if it's GPS fault or my phone but it often takes ages to grab my correct location, even when I stand in the middle of nowhere. Service in buildings is utter trash, takes ages to reconnect when going outside again. If using some app other than Whatsapp and Spotify it gets so warm I could use the heat to bake a pizza.

for mobile connection issue, it might be the bands and SOC in such an old device. Perhaps you carrier has brought some extra bands and mhz ranges that are not supported by your phone? I really don't have a clear clue, but that's what I think. 

my carrier has pretty much any 08/15 frequencies you could get. I just got used to it having such a trash connection at all times.