UPS overload when keyboard pressed in-game while power goes out

Go to solution Solved by Krishh,

Holy shit! I unplugged my headset from the PC and problem solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF?!

My UPS (APC BY700IN) is perfectly capable of providing backup while gaming when the power goes out. However when the power goes out and I have a key pressed in my keyboard at the same time, it overloads and shuts off. Thing is, this only happens with certain demanding games (with WD2 and Agents of Mayhem, not with DX:MD). If I turn the power off and then resume playing the backup works fine. It only goes out if I have a key pressed at the exact moment the power goes out (which happens a lot here in India).

My PC has an i5 7600, 3gb GTX 1060, asus h270 pro mobo, 2 x 8 corsair vengeance RAM, 3 case fans, 2 HDD, 1 SSD, !external HDD (USB) and a Hyperx cloud core headset.

(My monitor, wifi and speakers are powered by a seperate UPS.)

(My case is a Cooler Master K380)

Holy shit! I unplugged my headset from the PC and problem solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF?!

"However when the power goes out and I have a key pressed in my keyboard at the same time, it overloads and shuts off"

UPS gives you enough time to on that second of power loss shut down. How old is it? The battery might be a dud. Do you have a monitor plugged in too? It's rated for a max 450w or so draw... so you might have something else plugged in, a monitor perhaps!?

Else it's hardware/software problems.

Overload is just as it says. But I'm also guessing it's plugged in to communicate via USB? Could be a conflict somewhere on drivers. Way to test is run the games and test with keyboard/mouse/headphones unplugged and then disconnect power.

that sounds like you're pushing that thing way too hard.. maybe get a higher wattage UPS?

EDIT: also, which power supply do you have?

23 hours ago, manikyath said:

that sounds like you're pushing that thing way too hard.. maybe get a higher wattage UPS?

EDIT: also, which power supply do you have?

Masterwatt lite 600W