My computer would not shut down

My computer has started to play up recently in terms of the computer not shutting down unless forced to where if left, the shutting down screen would be there for hours until I give in and hold down the power button. The same applies for restarting the computer. Sometimes on bootup the windows loading screen would also load for hours until I force restart it and it boots up normally. I had not installed anything prior to the issue appearing or changed anything on my computer. The problem just came out of nowhere. I've also noticed a lot of instability with regards to the system in general with lots of formerly very stable programs crashing regularly and partial freezes and desktop refreshes common. I really don't want to do a fresh install of windows so is there any possible fix to this without me having to reinstall windows and my half a million programs?

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

Sounds like something in Windows is corrupted (registry/service/user profile).  Without knowing what changed or what is broken, fixing it properly is probably not going to happen.  Check system logs to see if any services are hanging, outside of that Im not sure what to tell you.

You might try making a new user account to see if it still happens while logged into a different account.  That would rule out user profile corruption.

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

You might try making a new user account to see if it still happens while logged into a different account.  That would rule out user profile corruption.

I've already ruled that out, I've also ruled out hardware faults so it seems to be a windows problem. I'm running startup repair now after my computer failed to boot repeatedly after a restart.

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro