Can I use my headphones as a speaker output on an Xbox?

Rexem2017

Hi, so I want to use my Xbox 360 again for nostalgia purposes, but I used to use it on a TV with built in speakers but now I want to use it on a monitor with no built in speakers.

So, I think the only way to get sound is to, well, obviously, connect speakers. There isn't an actual AUX jack on the console, so I have to use a USB device. Is there a way to use USB headphones as the speaker output? I am trying to find the setting to do it but I haven't found any yet. Please help me if you know how to do this or if it isn't possible then that would be helpful too :).

Thanks!

im pretty sure on xbox 360 the AUX jack is in the controller, so just plug the headphones into the controller, the port is on the bottom (not back) between both handles. 

3 minutes ago, RoyalGamer1 said:

im pretty sure on xbox 360 the AUX jack is in the controller, so just plug the headphones into the controller, the port is on the bottom (not back) between both handles. 

First of all- the aux jack on that isn't the right size for any of my headphones, I would need an adapter.

Also, I don't know if that can put out all of the games' sound.

1 hour ago, Rexem2017 said:

First of all- the aux jack on that isn't the right size for any of my headphones, I would need an adapter.

Also, I don't know if that can put out all of the games' sound.

yes xbox uses 2.5mm not 3.5mm you need an adapter. and yes it works for sound. how else would I of played mw3 all of them years with a headset connected to my controller and hear the game fine.

xbox uses 2.5mm in the hopes you'd buy their own headsets to use to make more $$$, the same way apple took away the headphone jack. 

Just now, RoyalGamer1 said:

yes xbox uses 2.5mm not 3.5mm you need an adapter. and yes it works for sound. how else would I of played mw3 all of them years with a headset connected to my controller and hear the game fine.

xbox uses 2.5mm in the hopes you'd buy their own headsets to use to make more $$$, the same way apple took away the headphone jack. 

Okay, thank you.

2 minutes ago, RoyalGamer1 said:

Do you think it would be possible for me to hook up an Xbox One controller via USB and then plug in my headphones through that? I also have 3.5mm headphones, just in case you thought I meant to hook up a USB headset to the controller.

On 4/14/2018 at 6:03 PM, RoyalGamer1 said:

I bought the adapter, but how do you direct the sound to the headset only?