What is the best microphone for recording / streaming games?

CyberFern0

Regardless of price

I’m looking for one that has the best voice quality and has almost no background noice.

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

I've heard good things about Blue Yeti.

-Moved to Audio-

Is it better than the AT2035?

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I've heard good things about Blue Yeti.

-Moved to Audio-

The problem with it is that it has an awful lot of background noise.

Just now, CyberFern0 said:

Ah. I unfortunately don't know much about this kind of stuff, I'm just repeating what I've heard lol.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

I don't have any issues with background noise on my Blue Yeti.

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

Desktop | Intel Core i5 - 7600k | ASUS Strix B250F | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti x Gaming 11G | 256GB Samsung Evo | x2 WD Blue 1TB | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB)

Mini Desktop | Mac Mini | Core i7 2.3GHz | 8GB RAM | 1TB HDD x2

Laptop | MacBook Pro 13in w/Touch bar (2016) | Intel Core i7 | 8GB LPDDR3 | 1TB SSD

Laptop | Lenovo Thinkpad Edge | Intel Core i5 | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Peripherals | Razer Chroma Orbweaver | Magic Mouse 2 | Corsair K70 RGB | Logitech G402 | Blue Snowball | Logitech G922 | Logitech Artemis Spectrum G933

Galaxy Tab S2 - used as a media streamer, more often abused by my 1 year old son.

Just now, CyberFern0 said:

Ok what do y’all think of the AT2035?

I have an AT2020 myself and love it because of good sound quality and it basically doesnt pick up any background noise, the at2035 just has a bit better sound quality so it is my recommendation until you start spending near $1000 then Shure has some really nice mics that I would recommend. 

System Specs

CPU: I7-5820k   MOBO:Asus X99 strix   RAM: 32gb corsair Dominator Platinum 2666mhz   GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980TI  PSU: Corsair RM1000i 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mg7k2R

32 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

It does not have an "awful lot".  It has a noticeable but very low noise floor.  Yes a dedicated XLR mic with a good interface, totalling $200+ will be better, but they also cost a lot more.  I'm not sure where you heard this but I wouldn't be surprised if they were mistaking the ambient sound in their room for "noise", because it is very good as picking up the whole room.  Whether you want that or not is another story, but it's not a defect.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

a good soundcard would do ya much better then running an expensive mic on a shitty soundcard for noise reduction ect :v

in the end if u want good audio u need both a good soundcard + mic o,o god u dont wanna no how crap the quality is on my onboard maximus vi hero ( n that one has quite good onboard audio ) compared to a soundblaster recon 3d champion

(◑‿◐)

You can get good background noise rejection by putting the microphone near your mouth.

just go look at streamers or youtubers or whatever. You will see the people with the boom stands and the microphone two inches away from there mouth have hardly any background noise. Look at the ones with snowballs on their little stand or razer siren all like 3 feet away all you get is background noise.

Mics under 100 are normally not that good. Then there is a stage between 100 and 300 where the quality doesn't drastically improve between them but they are a million times better than the 100 microphones.

If its over 100 from a decent audio company and you're going to have it less then 6 inches away from your mouth it will have very little background noise, as long as the room your in isn't stupidly loud.