Task Manager to the rescue!!!!

Tydfil

Ok so when I run a game on one monitor and then put a video (you tube or VLC) the system slows right down and the video lags out or stops all together, however, if I open Task manager the issues go away and it runs as it used to do a few weeks ago. Im running dual monitors on an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, and an Intel Core I7-2700K @3.5GHz (8 cores) with 16GB ram. as I said it was fine until about 2 weeks ago, cant figure out why suddenly this is happening or why Task Manager seems to be "resolving" it.

Any Ideas? 

Thanks

Could be an incompatible driver, or could be malware that hides when task manager is on (probably super unlikely).

My bet would be driver or something else. What game are you playing? YouTube and VLC are going to use up processing power.

The only thing I can think of is when you go to task manager, the game is going to windowed mode, and therefor using up less resources. But that's about the best I can think of at this point.

Thanks Ryujin, i'll check the drivers again. playing a few all windowed, nothing Im playing is particularly resource heavy but I do play in windowed boarderless so that I can move between game and other stuff with out having to alt-tab and wait for it to reload. 

• 3 weeks later...

still getting the issue no matter what i do and its pissing me off. why should i have to open task manager everytime i want to game and use youtube at the same time?!!!