Davinci Resolve Studio 15: Activation or Dongle?

Hello!

I have been using Adobe Premiere Pro for my editing needs for several years. I was looking into Davinci Resolve and the free version seems really nice and I am considering changing my primary editing program over to it. I do, however, need support for 4K and think that the additional features would be awesome as well. That said, I would be purchasing the studio version. 

What's the difference between the dongle and the activation key? Are there any benefits to one versus the other?

Thanks!

P.S. I haven't used Resolve for very long (only about 2 days, since I downloaded it after 15 came out), so I'm not sure if it would really benefit me. Does anybody who have used both Premiere and Resolve have a preference? In case this makes a difference, I would still keep the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription, so buying Resolve would not remove my Adobe CC subscription.

Hello! It's me just passing through :) 

The dongle allows you to easily take your licence with you if you need to switch systems. Since its just a flash drive that needs to be plugged into your computer for davinci to start

Be aware though that davinci 15 is just a beta

14 minutes ago, FSopDesigns said:

The dongle allows you to easily take your licence with you if you need to switch systems. Since its just a flash drive that needs to be plugged into your computer for davinci to start

Be aware though that davinci 15 is just a beta

Thanks :) I was wondering if it is relatively simple to deactivate an activation license if needed so you can move to another computer.

19 minutes ago, Aerdian said:

Thanks :) I was wondering if it is relatively simple to deactivate an activation license if needed so you can move to another computer.

That i don't know. Never had to do it. I guess you'll have to contact their support if you need to do that

On 4/13/2018 at 1:15 PM, FSopDesigns said:

That i don't know. Never had to do it. I guess you'll have to contact their support if you need to do that

Thanks for your help :) I'll probably go for the dongle.