Vaccumed my PC.... Please help!! IDK what to do....

Hey guys, This is my first time posting in forums.... So I don't know if I'll be able to explain my problem correctly... 

Anyways...
I was using my PC normally until i heard on the Internet that the PC should be cleaned from the inside and the performance change after cleaning and stuff.... So without taking any precautions, i opened my PC cabinet and started cleaning it.... This was my first time cleaning it... So I didn't know the correct way of cleaning it.. So in a hurry i used my Vaccum cleaner to clean the inside as it had a lot of dust.. after cleaning  I put back the RAM in the slot, re-seated the Processor fan and put everything back to normal and when i boot up, it won't detect the hard disk... There was an error on bootup which said there was no hard-disk... When i checked in the BIOS too.. it said there was no hard-disk.. Then after removing and inserting the data cable of the hard disk so many times it finally boot up.. but it took way too long and there were clicking sounds from the hard disk too.. Then after that day my PC won't work normally. 
There is so much lag, Everything gets stuck.. Nothing would run smoothly. I even tried to buy a new processor fan and put it up coz i read that it might be a over-heating problem. 

Then when i researched a bit on the Internet I've found that using Vaccum for cleaning the PC would cause static in the hard disk..
. Now iam thinking that maybe that caused all of this.
Now if i try to do any work, my PC randomly shows the BSoD for memory management and restarts...
Is there a way to undo this?
Iam having doubts that maybe I re-installed the RAM wrongly. Shall i try it?
Iam having doubts that my windows is also at a fault 'cause after some time my Windows got corrupted too. If i restarted my PC then all  my settings and wallpapers etc. would go back to default.(but i solved that later)
Shall i try installing another windows like 7and try whether it lags?
Please guys, I NEED this problem solved as soon as possible. There are soo many files which are very much important in that hard-disk.. please i request you.. Any help is appreciated.. (sorry for bad english, English isn't my first language)

My PC is 5 years old and was never repaired or gave me any error.. 
My PC specs : 
Intel i3-2105
4gb DDR3 RAM
500gb Seagate HDD

3 minutes ago, Smsry said:

were clicking sounds from the hard disk too

Your hard drive died.

Get a new drive, connect it to the PC, install Windows onto it and then just copy all the data you need from the old drive if you still can.

Edited by NMS

NEVER clean a pc with a vacuum cleaner, thats the way to go if you want to damage your components, always use compressed air to clean out a pc.

I think you damaged your components brah

A vacuum cleaner nozzle is static, and static discharge likes to kill anything with a PCB, like motherboards, harddrives, video cards etc.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Actually, the vacuum it's self wont cause damage. It's when you touch the vacuum tip on stuff. So using just the tip does'nt help... xD

/ | / /__  _________/ / /_____ _/ (_) /___  __
  /  |/ / _ \/ ___/ __  / __/ __ `/ / / __/ / / /
 / /|  /  __/ /  / /_/ / /_/ /_/ / / / /_/ /_/ / 
/_/ |_/\___/_/   \__,_/\__/\__,_/_/_/\__/\__, /  
                                        /____/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, 「Neͥrdͣtͫality」noice to meet you... :3

3 minutes ago, Nerdtality said:

Actually, the vacuum it's self wont cause damage. It's when you touch the vacuum tip on stuff. So using just the tip does'nt help... xD

Know when to pull back :D 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, Smsry said:

Then when i researched a bit on the Internet I've found that using Vaccum for cleaning the PC would cause static in the hard disk..

Technically, a plastic vacuum cleaner nozzle may charge with static electricity through friction with the incoming air. In turn, said static electricity could get discharged on a component, provided there is no grounding on the nozzle, and there is grounding on the PC.

For what it's worth, I've used vacuums and compressors on PCs, without issues.

Now if i try to do any work, my PC randomly shows the BSoD for memory management and restarts...

Read the BSOD carefully, to see what is the source of the failure.

Iam having doubts that maybe I re-installed the RAM wrongly. Shall i try it?

It's free :P Re-seat your dimms if there are indications that it can be memory related.

Iam having doubts that my windows is also at a fault 'cause after some time my Windows got corrupted too. If i restarted my PC then all  my settings and wallpapers etc. would go back to default.(but i solved that later)
Shall i try installing another windows like 7and try whether it lags?

Avoid panic and think logically. Before doing anything, think what it does and what the root of the problem should be for that to make any sense. Then consider whether it is plausible for that to be the actual source of the problem. Don't start doing things randomly and nuke everything for no good reason, or you may face inexplicable problems down the line once you solve the original one.

Please guys, I NEED this problem solved as soon as possible. There are soo many files which are very much important in that hard-disk.. please i request you.. 

First thing to do then is to backup all those precious files as long as the computer work. If you have another computer or know someonw with a desktop computer, you can always take your hard drive there to check if it works, and make copies of everything that matters.

Anyways, your best bet is to discharge your HDD which occurs naturally and plugin to a different sata connector. Just unplug your hard drive and let it sit for a few days.

/____/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

A vacuum cleaner nozzle is static, and static discharge likes to kill anything with a PCB, like motherboards, harddrives, video cards etc.

Using a vacuum cleaner doesn't equate to ESD, though.

(and ESd doesn't equate instant death: )

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Using a vacuum cleaner doesn't equate to ESD, though.

(and ESd doesn't equate instant death: )

Reveal hidden contents

But a USB Killer just might do the trick.

/____/

18 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

I have heard this before and probably would like to (OP probably too) understand why. Do you have any sources to back up or explain this?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

8 minutes ago, Nerdtality said:

But a USB Killer just might do the trick.

USB killers are engineered to deliver enough current for the job. Accidental ESD, on the other hand, will provide random, not necessary large current levels. It may as well be more firework than substance (the same way an electrified fence can deliver a large shock without harming you).

28 minutes ago, NMS said:

Your hard drive died.

Get a new drive, connect it to the PC, install Windows onto it and then just copy all the data you need from the old drive if you still can.

It still works tho.. but there are random clicks which i hear...

1 minute ago, GER_T4IGA said:

I have heard this before and probably would like to (OP probably too) understand why. Do you have any sources to back up or explain this?

Air going at high speed through the nozzle has a similar effect as rubbing your rubber soles through carpet, or rubbing cellophane. It generates a charge that is preserved as long as you don't ground yourself (hence why, in the carpet example, you get a small discharge if then touch a metal doorknob).

There are materials that prevent ESD by conducting electricity, including some plastics designed to that effect (hence why you'll see brushes or Datavac compressors and similar advertised as "anti-ESD" or "ESD safe": it just means that there is no static buildup in their nozzles due to the choice of materials).

23 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Technically, a plastic vacuum cleaner nozzle may charge with static electricity through friction with the incoming air. In turn, said static electricity could get discharged on a component, provided there is no grounding on the nozzle, and there is grounding on the PC.

For what it's worth, I've used vacuums and compressors on PCs, without issues.

Read the BSOD carefully, to see what is the source of the failure.

It's free :P Re-seat your dimms if there are indications that it can be memory related.

Avoid panic and think logically. Before doing anything, think what it does and what the root of the problem should be for that to make any sense. Then consider whether it is plausible for that to be the actual source of the problem. Don't start doing things randomly and nuke everything for no good reason, or you may face inexplicable problems down the line once you solve the original one.

First thing to do then is to backup all those precious files as long as the computer work. If you have another computer or know someonw with a desktop computer, you can always take your hard drive there to check if it works, and make copies of everything that matters.

The BSoD says-"Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart reason is Memory Management..."

I just re-seated the RAM.. no change..

Currently am backing up my data to a cloud storage..

Thank you for your reply.... Never thought I'd meet such good people online in forums...thank you for your support...

34 minutes ago, Carbide X said:

NEVER clean a pc with a vacuum cleaner, thats the way to go if you want to damage your components, always use compressed air to clean out a pc.

I think you damaged your components brah

I now know... I think too that i damaged my components but I don't know which... Currently backin up my data.. so at least the data will be safe..

The BSoD says-"Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart reason is Memory Management..."

You can check if all your RAM is detected in BIOS, then try memtest86 to test for RAM defects, then try chkdsk for hard drive errors (memory management problems could be due to the page file being allocated to faulty sectors of the HDD).

Of course, you can wait until your data is backed up for all that ;) 

8 minutes ago, Smsry said:

It still works tho.. but there are random clicks which i hear...

"Clicking" sound occurs when the head of the reader reaches the end (inner part) of the platter on which your data is located. So while your data might not be damaged by it directly, if one day it decides to simply make contact (scratch) the platter you will lose your data in those sectors.

Do a backup while you can and get a new hard drive. When done with that, see if those BSODs persist. This might all be solved with a simple drive replacement. Until then, we cannot be 100% certain.

Just now, SpaceGhostC2C said:

You can check if all your RAM is detected in BIOS, then try memtest86 to test for RAM defects, then try chkdsk for hard drive errors (memory management problems could be due to the page file being allocated to faulty sectors of the HDD).

Of course, you can wait until your data is backed up for all that ;) 

Ok....will do all of that once i backup... But it lags too often that I can't do anything smoothly... Note to myself: don't do weird shit without searching it on the internet :'(

3 minutes ago, NMS said:

"Clicking" sound occurs when the head of the reader reaches the end (inner part) of the platter on which your data is located. So while your data might not be damaged by it directly, if one day it decides to simply make contact (scratch) the platter you will lose your data in those sectors.

Do a backup while you can and get a new hard drive. When done with that, see if those BSODs persist. This might all be solved with a simple drive replacement. Until then, we cannot be 100% certain.

Okie dokie.... Backing up right away....

17 minutes ago, Smsry said:

I just re-seated the RAM.. no change..

Currently am backing up my data to a cloud storage..

Thank you for your reply.... Never thought I'd meet such good people online in forums...thank you for your support...

I really, really doubt that static played a role here at all.

That's really rare these days as more and more components have protections against this sort of thing.

Jayztwocents did a video where he tried to intentionally kill a computer with static and he couldn't even phase it.

Sounds like something else went wrong in the process.

No matter though, the solution is still the same. Buy a new hard drive and just copy back the data you don't want to lose from the old one if it is indeed a hard drive issue.

Multiple problems may have happened.

1) You could have knocked things off/broken/smashed them.

2) Static may have zapped things. This is not often the case, it's usually 3 (see next)

3) High pressure air (vacuum or air cans) can spin fans and cause voltage/ampage to go into or the wrong way across computer components. This can break them! Always remove fan cables or hold fans in place so they don't spin when cleaning!

4) You may not have put things back correctly, including applying thermal paste.

Order of repair/checks would be recommenced.

1) Get and apply thermal paste correctly. Make sure thermal paste is not smeared everywhere. Clean correctly and carefully. If you do not know how, you may need to get a repair person to do so instead, this will cost money. :(

2) Check for physical damage. Is anything missing/burnt/broken etc?

3) Check everything put back correctly into slots/cables/positions.

4) Check HDD health/SMART notice.

22 hours ago, TechyBen said:

Multiple problems may have happened.

1) You could have knocked things off/broken/smashed them.

2) Static may have zapped things. This is not often the case, it's usually 3 (see next)

3) High pressure air (vacuum or air cans) can spin fans and cause voltage/ampage to go into or the wrong way across computer components. This can break them! Always remove fan cables or hold fans in place so they don't spin when cleaning!

4) You may not have put things back correctly, including applying thermal paste.

Order of repair/checks would be recommenced.

1) Get and apply thermal paste correctly. Make sure thermal paste is not smeared everywhere. Clean correctly and carefully. If you do not know how, you may need to get a repair person to do so instead, this will cost money. :(

2) Check for physical damage. Is anything missing/burnt/broken etc?

3) Check everything put back correctly into slots/cables/positions.

4) Check HDD health/SMART notice.

K.... firstly thanks for the reply... really appreciate it...
Next,
1) I don't think that's the issue... I don't think I knocked anything... Everything looks fine to me....
2)That MAY be the issue... But I don't know how to check whether it is this which caused the issue or not....
3)That CAN be the mistake which I may have done... Uhhh.. When I vaccumed it... I didn't remove the fan cables and did exactly the opposite which you said(i.e. the fans spun when I vaccumed them...)
Now if this is the case then how to know which part of the PC is broken.. I need to know so that I can shift that with a newer one....
4)After all of it happened I even went and bought a brand new Processor fan and put it up... Even applies the thermal paste correctly... But still no change :(

May I know what you meant when you said "HDD health/SMART notice"??

23 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

then try chkdsk for hard drive errors

I frequently get the chckdsk while booting up the PC tho...

1 minute ago, Smsry said:

I frequently get the chckdsk while booting up the PC tho...

Maybe the hard drive has been failing for some time then?Try to see what the results of chkdsk are, or what the S.M.A.R.T. report on the drive is. Maybe you wer on an HDD downward slope already. and the next step down coincided with, or was accelerated by, whatever happened during the cleanup.