Exchange server help

I have 2 Exchange servers for 2 separate domains. The Exchange server on domain 1 is being port forwarded to the ASA. What I'm trying to achieve is I want the emails for domain 2 come from The exchange server in domain 1 into the Exchange server of domain 2. I've set up send connectors and and receive connectors. But I'm unable to receive, I can't only send.

Network diagram :

38d52ccc1ba8f32ab95b125df752756c.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

What error messages (if any) are you getting?

Sounds like you either have the firewall, or ports mis-configured

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

What error messages (if any) are you getting?

Sounds like you either have the firewall, or ports mis-configured

No errors at all :/

I've even tested my email with http://testconnectivity.microsoft.com and others, all test say it is working. :/

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Could it be a Exchange mail rule?

/ | / /__  _________/ / /_____ _/ (_) /___  __
  /  |/ / _ \/ ___/ __  / __/ __ `/ / / __/ / / /
 / /|  /  __/ /  / /_/ / /_/ /_/ / / / /_/ /_/ / 
/_/ |_/\___/_/   \__,_/\__/\__,_/_/_/\__/\__, /  
                                        /____/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, 「Neͥrdͣtͫality」noice to meet you... :3

Also, check your logs

/____/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, make sure this is checked...

/____/

Have you allowed the Exchange server itself to receive and route emails for the other domain? It would actually be easier to setup a front end mail relay using the Windows Server role and just straight forward emails based on domain to the appropriate Exchange servers.

Relay domains

Typically, most Internet-facing messaging servers are configured to not allow for other domains to be relayed through them. However, there are scenarios where you may want to let partners or subsidiaries relay email through your Exchange servers. In Exchange 2013, you can configure accepted domains as relay domains. Your organization receives the email messages and then relays the messages to another email server.

You can configure a relay domain as an internal relay domain or as an external relay domain. These two relay domain types are described in the following sections.

Internal relay domain

When you configure an internal relay domain, some or all of the recipients in this domain don't have mailboxes in this Exchange organization. Mail from the Internet is relayed for this domain through Transport servers in this Exchange organization. This configuration is used in the scenarios that are described in this section.

An organization may have to share the same SMTP address space between two or more different messaging systems. For example, you may have to share the SMTP address space between Exchange and a third-party messaging system, or between Exchange environments that are configured in different Active Directory forests. In these scenarios, users in each email system have the same domain suffix as part of their email addresses.

To support these scenarios, you need to create an accepted domain that's configured as an internal relay domain. You also need to add a Send connector that's sourced on a Mailbox server and configured to send email to the shared address space. If an accepted domain is configured as authoritative and a recipient isn't found in Active Directory, a non-delivery report (NDR) is returned to the sender. The accepted domain that's configured as an internal relay domain first tries to deliver to a recipient in the Exchange organization. If the recipient isn't found, the message is routed to the Send connector that has the closest address space match.

If an organization contains more than one forest and has configured global address list (GAL) synchronization, the SMTP domain for one forest may be configured as an internal relay domain in a second forest. Messages from the Internet that are addressed to recipients in internal relay domains are relayed to the Mailbox servers in the same organization. The receiving Mailbox servers then route the messages to the Mailbox servers in the recipient forest. You configure the SMTP domain as an internal relay domain to make sure that email that's addressed to that domain is accepted by the Exchange organization. The connector configuration of your organization determines how messages are routed.

To learn more, see Configure an accepted domain for a business unit with mailboxes outside your Exchange organization.

External relay domain

When you configure an external relay domain, messages are relayed to an email server that's outside your Exchange organization and outside the organization's network perimeter.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124423(v=exchg.150).aspx

Edit:

Send/Receive connectors alone isn't enough.

6 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Have you allowed the Exchange server itself to receive and route emails for the other domain? It would actually be easier to setup a front end mail relay using the Windows Server role and just straight forward emails based on domain to the appropriate Exchange servers.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124423(v=exchg.150).aspx

Edit:

Send/Receive connectors alone isn't enough.

I've done all that. Only problem any email that it to domain 2 will be sent into my primary inbox of domain 1. For example, any email sent to that email with be send to domain1.com email box. Not dmain2.com email box.

4 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

I've done all that. Only problem any email that it to domain 2 will be sent into my primary inbox of domain 1. For example, any email sent to that email with be send to domain1.com email box. Not dmain2.com email box.

Not if you follow the external relay configuration instructions.

Oh and for the external relay to work you'll need internal MX records to let Exchange 1 know the internal Exchange 2 address otherwise it won't know where to send the emails.

Still I'd put a non Exchange relay in front of both of them and relay that way, much simpler and no dependency on either Exchange environments.

5 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Oh and for the external relay to work you'll need internal MX records to let Exchange 1 know the internal Exchange 2 address otherwise it won't know where to send the emails.

Still I'd put a non Exchange relay in front of both of them and relay that way, much simpler and no dependency on either Exchange environments.

I can send emails which is fine. It's the receiving that is not working. :( As for the Non-Exchange Relay, is there any free ones? 

10 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Not if you follow the external relay configuration instructions.

That KB is for Exchange 2013, would it work for Exchange 2010

38 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

I can send emails which is fine. It's the receiving that is not working. :( As for the Non-Exchange Relay, is there any free ones? 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124423(v=exchg.141).aspx

Do remember that for Exchange 1 anything to Exchange 2 is sending so of you know mail is getting to Exchange 1, which I'm sure is, then it's a sending issue on Exchange 1.

On Exchange 1 open up nslookup and do an MX record looking for the Exchange 2 domain, make sure internally you are getting the internal IP address for Exchange 2 and not your external one. If Exchange 1 sends it back out to the public IP the forwarding rules on your routers will just send it right back to Exchange 1 and it'll never get to Exchange 2.

You can also start a wireshark trace and send an email destined for Exchange 2 and you should see SMTP traffic outbound from Exchange 1 to Exchange 2, check the destination IP address.

50 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

As for the Non-Exchange Relay, is there any free ones? 

http://blog.powerbiz.net.au/exchange/how-to-set-up-an-internal-smtp-service-for-windows-server-2012-essentials/

Or any Linux server and Postfix.

https://www.akadia.com/services/sendmail_relay.html

Edit:

Finding a decent guide is a bit annoying for postifx.

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

On Exchange 1 open up nslookup and do an MX record looking for the Exchange 2 domain, make sure internally you are getting the internal IP address for Exchange 2 and not your external one. If Exchange 1 sends it back out to the public IP the forwarding rules on your routers will just send it right back to Exchange 1 and it'll never get to Exchange 2.

This is what i got:

Spoiler

35d53c80fdf54b1d4cba1067a19bb5a1.png

29 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

This is what i got:

e36f3e477c31d603d71604926a8f82a5.png

Does the primary name server resolve to an internal IP or your public one?

15 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Does the primary name server resolve to an internal IP or your public one?

Internal IP address.

@leadeater Still not working. :(