QHD vs UHD for Multimedia Content

Hi guy, first time posting so hopefully this isn't a repeat discussion that I'm asking.

I have two monitors a QHD 32" and FHD 27" and I use them for both computer gaming/everything else you do on a computer and as a home media set-up for TV, console gaming, and music listening that passes through my Pioneer AVR (4k compatible with HDCP 2.2 and 4.4.4 color scale). One of the things that I noticed is that when I attempt to watch standard 720p or 1080p content from my media equipment it doesn't scale properly to my more preferred 32" QHD monitor so I've switched to watching everything on the smaller lower res 27". I'm now currently in the market to replace the 27" with a larger 32" but, I'm undecided if I get a second QHD with high refresh, or try and find a 4k 32" that might scale better or, if either of them will scale better since computer monitors don't have up-scaling processors like you would find on a TV or projector respectively and I'm just SOL. I'm wondering if you guys have any experience on this situation or thoughts on things I can try that might improve current compatibility (cables, inputs, settings, ect.).          

Thank you folks, all feedback is appreciated!  

P.S. Sorry for the long backstory