Phone board screen connector do HDMI adaptor

XukeLho

My phone (OPO) suffered an accident and cracked the screen and has no touch. I'm not sure how much it will cost me  to repair it but I'm more inclined to buying a new phone.

However, it still looks like it works (need to run more tests. will connect mouse and keyboard to make sure it really works) and it pains me to leave my old phone as a paperweight.

So I was thinking, can I open it up, disconect the screen, find some sort of adaptor and connect the phone to an HDMI adapter and the adapter to my tv? Basically, connecting the phone to my TV to make it a smart tv.

Is this doable? Are there adaptors for this kind of thing?

EDIT: I was distracted and posted this in the wrong section. Ill try to ask a moderator to move this. My apologies.

Edited by XukeLho

You don't have to open the phone to connect an HDMI cable to it. You'd be better off with using an OTG adapter like this:

9200000020898177.jpg

I've got the same one. I can connect it to my TV and have a keyboard/mouse plugged in. This adapter is also a passthrough for power, so you can charge it while having it plugged in the TV. (you need to charge it in order to use the HDMI function). 

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

I've read that this only works if the phone has HDMI output in its USB connection. Are you sure this works with any phone?

Like i said, I've searched cables like this http://www.ebay.com/bhp/usb-to-hdmi-converter but they said they only work with certain phones. Can you tell me wich phone are you connecting to the cable?

12 minutes ago, XukeLho said:

I've read that this only works if the phone has HDMI output in its USB connection. Are you sure this works with any phone?

Like i said, I've searched cables like this http://www.ebay.com/bhp/usb-to-hdmi-converter but they said they only work with certain phones. Can you tell me wich phone are you connecting to the cable?

worked with my Galaxy S Advance, Note 2 and Galaxy S6 egde, 

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

4 minutes ago, XukeLho said:

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/anyone-know-if-this-phone-is-mhl-compatible.4152/

This is one of the places where I read my phone does not have HDMI out.

Have you tried on a non-Samsung device?

Nope

Samsung is an excelent phone brand at the moment. I wish I could afford one. It seems alot of theyr models have HDMI out.

But I guess its back to the original question. Is it possible to connect the phone directly to an HDMI adaptor?