You could even use your router (depending on the firmware/model) as your DHCP Server.....if you for reasons still want a server OS to do that role then I would reccomend a free LInux based OS which will definitely be more lighter than windows, try Smoothwall...its ez pz lemon squizy to setup and manage and there are lots of tutorials online.

2 hours ago, mikat said:

1) you don't have to use windows server for dchp

2) probably the one built into their pfsense router

37 minutes ago, BloodKnight7 said:

You could even use your router (depending on the firmware/model) as your DHCP Server.....if you for reasons still want a server OS to do that role then I would reccomend a free LInux based OS which will definitely be more lighter than windows, try Smoothwall...its ez pz lemon squizy to setup and manage and there are lots of tutorials online.

They actually do use Windows Server for DHCP, it's been shown in a couple videos where they open up the DHCP GUI and add kick some people off the DHCP lease list. One was a phone review (The razer phone I think). They user server 2012 or 2016, not sure which though.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

7 hours ago, Lurick said:

They actually do use Windows Server for DHCP, it's been shown in a couple videos where they open up the DHCP GUI and add kick some people off the DHCP lease list. One was a phone review (The razer phone I think). They user server 2012 or 2016, not sure which though.

Looked like 2012 R2 me last time they showed it.