I need help with my gaming PC

OK I know this is for CPU's and motherboards and stuff but I have a big problem with my whole PC I have a GTX 1060 6GB Graphics Card and a AMD FX-8300 CPU and I looked on YouTube that people with this hardware can run AAA titles at 60+ FPS (for this example i'll use PUBG) I have seen that people get around 60 to 70 FPS on this game running at max settings, and I have it and I get around 20 FPS on max settings, I really don't know why this is caused and I don't want to upgrade because I want to buy games and other things,
Please could someone help me out I an new to PC building and I don't know what to do about this. Thanks

PC Specs:
CPU: AMD FX-8300 8 Core Processor 
GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
PSU: 400 Watt (I forgot the manufacturer)
HDD: 1TB HDD
Motherboard: (I'm away so I couldn't get the model)
RAM: 8GB DDR3

Just out of sheer curiosity are you running at the same resolution as the Youtubers are? For all I know you might be running at a higher resolution than them.

My Main PC

CPUIntel Core i5 6600K CPU Cooler - Corsair H80i v2 Motherboard - ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 GAMING ITX/AC RAM - 1x HyperX FURY 8GB 2133MHz DDR4 GPU - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Founders Edition  Storage - 1x HyperX FURY 120GB SSD, 1x WD Blue 1TB 2.5" HDD, 1x WD Black 330GB 2.5" HDD Power Supply - EVGA Supernova 650W G3 Case - Silverstone SUGO SG13B

I believe your CPU is the bottleneck. Sure, you said others are getting 60fps with the same setup... but I don't believe them. I used to have the 1060 6GB and it's a VERY capable card at 1080p; however, the AMD FX-8300 has a mediocre single-thread rating. I don't believe you could play ANY 2017 or newer AAA title at max settings while maintaining a constant 60FPS with the CPU you have.

Try reducing the draw distance or shadow quality... those two factors should help a lot. Remember, PUBG is a very CPU intensive game because of the vast map/details and high number of players.

Setup // CPU: 7700k@5.0Ghz w/ H100i v2 // MB: MSI Z270 Gaming M5 // HDD: 1x500GB 960EVO 1x500GB 850EVO 2x4TB 7,200 Barracudas // RAM: 16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance // GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo @ 2000MHz w/ NZXT G12 // PSU: 550W EVGA G2 // Case: Phanteks P400S TG

Cpu Bottleneck, try turn down PP and AA and maybe like shadows etc.

On 05/04/2018 at 10:27 PM, nickyteddy said:

Just out of sheer curiosity are you running at the same resolution as the Youtubers are? For all I know you might be running at a higher resolution than them.

No I have a weird monitor that is a 1680x1050 but I am upgrading to 1080p soon

On 05/04/2018 at 10:29 PM, robinson427 said:

I believe your CPU is the bottleneck. Sure, you said others are getting 60fps with the same setup... but I don't believe them. I used to have the 1060 6GB and it's a VERY capable card at 1080p; however, the AMD FX-8300 has a mediocre single-thread rating. I don't believe you could play ANY 2017 or newer AAA title at max settings while maintaining a constant 60FPS with the CPU you have.

Try reducing the draw distance or shadow quality... those two factors should help a lot. Remember, PUBG is a very CPU intensive game because of the vast map/details and high number of players.

I thought it would be the CPU, I can upgrade to a core I5 but I want to save some money for some other acsessories is there any way I could improve performance alongside turning down AA and Shadows?