Closed over-ears for gaming and music?

Swiftfeather

I currently have a pair of Sennheiser HD439's, they're pretty good, I got them specifically for the removable cable because I had a pair of HD 429's that I really liked prior. 

I'm looking for newer, better headphones. I don't need a microphone, just a closed design (roommates). Sennheiser has recently released new lines of headphones and I really don't like how they look, so I'm not sure where to look for a pair of nice, closed headphones. 

I don't need a microphone. 

Price point is up to $200

Oh also I'd like them to be tight enough so that I can move my head around without them slipping, that'd be great. Not so tight that my glasses are drilled into my skull.

CPU: i7-7700K | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080 Super | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Motherboard: MSI M5 Gaming | SSDs: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Kingston SSDNow + 500GB SK hynix SL308 500GB  | HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB 

6 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Do you have a DAC or Amp?

I do not. 

CPU: i7-7700K | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080 Super | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Motherboard: MSI M5 Gaming | SSDs: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Kingston SSDNow + 500GB SK hynix SL308 500GB  | HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB 

Just now, Swiftfeather said:

I do not. 

DT770 would probably be my pick then.

4 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

and If I were to get an amp? 

1 minute ago, Swiftfeather said:

and If I were to get an amp? 

Well that depends on how much money you have for an Amp.

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

Well that depends on how much money you have for an Amp.

I've been eyeing the fulla schiit 2 for a long time, though I've never had any justification to actually purchase one. My price point would be around 100 

I really like my m40x with upgraded pads (brainwave hm5's). They have pretty awesome soundstage and a really good "introduction" into what good highs can sound like. They are also easy to drive so you wouldn't need to get an amp. Also, I have the Fulla 2 and its really awesome for the price. It can drive a lot of harder to drive headphones, is super versatile, looks good, is tiny, and doesn't break the bank.

36 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Also if I were to get these, would I want the 32 Ohm, 80 ohm, or 250 ohm? Without an amp. 

6 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

Do they have a pair of headphones similar to this with a detachable cable? That's usually what breaks first and is definitely a deal breaker for me.

1 minute ago, Swiftfeather said:

Do they have a pair of headphones similar to this with a detachable cable? That's usually what breaks first and is definitely a deal breaker for me.

Go with the M40Xs with Brainwavz Angled pads.

1 hour ago, Max_Settings said:

Go with the M40Xs with Brainwavz Angled pads.

CMIIW, Isn't COP similar to DT770? i never used them personally, but heard from people that they are having similarities and a bass slider.

Takstar Pro82 can be a good option too yes?

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.