Cheap mechanical keyboard

My current keyboard (bloody b120) is dying and i have decided to get myself a mechanical one. The problem is, I have 0 knowledge about how different switches work and what is the best for what.

I'm playing a lot of osu!mania and i do type a lot and game as well, what could be the optimal choice for precision and speed for a low cost (around a 100$).

My only requirements are that a num pad is a must have for me.

Thanks in advance.

CPU: Intel Core I5 4690K || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 4GB Windforce 2 OC || RAM: 8GB Hyper X furry 1600Mhz || Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 || PSU: EVGA 600W (100-W1-0600-K2) || Displays: Asus VC239 1080p ips 23",  Acer x193w 1440x900 19,5" || Keyboard: Bloody B120 || Mouse: Bloody V8M

Proud Member of The Budget Gaming Masterrace

get something with red style switches at least, or browns. they are light and good for OSU stuff

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I have a Redragon Devarajas that i got in South Africa converted into dollars is ~70, but for that price you can get a Corsair Strafe which is a popular keyboard

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Do you use US dollars where you live? Do stuff there have same price and availability as in the US?

I'm not anywhere near Europe. People will assume you're in the US unless you specify your location in font size 64.

If you know any good sellers in your country, you can link us the site to have a look. Else, I know of these options from Amazon.de;

CM Storm Quickfire TK (Cherry MX Brown, white backlight)

Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Red, white backlight)

Ah sorry i forgot about that. I live in hungary. I can send you a link that is a collection of all mechanical boards that are sold here. It is not a seller site, more like a search engine for products and sellers.

https://www.arukereso.hu/billentyuzet-c3111/mechanikus-igen/?orderby=1

It is in hungarian sorted from low to high but the keyboards are in their original name.

100$ is around 26 000 huf but i can go above that a bit

1 hour ago, Phiphe said:

I have a Redragon Devarajas that i got in South Africa converted into dollars is ~70, but for that price you can get a Corsair Strafe which is a popular keyboard

It actually looks good and it is cheap. The only problem that it is not sold anymore here. Last one here was around 2-3 weeks ago

CPU: Intel Core I5 4690K || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 4GB Windforce 2 OC || RAM: 8GB Hyper X furry 1600Mhz || Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 || PSU: EVGA 600W (100-W1-0600-K2) || Displays: Asus VC239 1080p ips 23",  Acer x193w 1440x900 19,5" || Keyboard: Bloody B120 || Mouse: Bloody V8M

23 minutes ago, Khaleesinikov said:

Ah sorry i forgot about that. I live in hungary. I can send you a link that is a collection of all mechanical boards that are sold here. It is not a seller site, more like a search engine for products and sellers.

https://www.arukereso.hu/billentyuzet-c3111/mechanikus-igen/?orderby=1

It is in hungarian sorted from low to high but the keyboards are in their original name.

100$ is around 26 000 huf but i can go above that a bit

It actually looks good and it is cheap. The only problem that it is not sold anymore here. Last one here was around 2-3 weeks ago

sad D:

10 hours ago, huilun02 said:

I recommend the Tesoro Gram Spectrum (with red switches)

It has a slim body with floating keys, making it easy to clean. The short keys and short keystroke allows fast reaction and is suited for people who are coming from regular membrane keyboards. Most other mechanical keyboards have full height keys which feel awkward and clunky for first time mechanical users.

If you want something more standard looking (for a mech keyboard) consider the Cooler Master MasterKeys L

The Gram Spectrum has RGB backlighting while the  MasterKeys has white backlighting.

Thank you for the suggestion.

just to be clear, the link that you provided to the spectrum is for the SE (G11UXL) version, but considering that you wrote short keys then it should be the G11SFL right?

14 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Ah I didnt know they made a new full height version... Yeah the one linked is the Gram SE Spectrum. Not sure you can find the ordinary short key Spectrum at the same price. Still a great keyboard though.

Well it's around the same price. The full height has a different switch if I read it correctly. Either way the short version should be faster and easier to get used to.

I'm a current owner of a speed red Gram Spectrum (G11SFL), and I have to warn you of one thing. After awhile of usage keystrokes might start duplicating. Sometimes when I go to press O for example, it registers as if I pressed O twice rather than once, although it doesn't happen very often. Don't let this discourage you from purchasing it, I just wanted to let you know before you decided to purchase it.

I've got a Redragon Vara. 

It's my first mechanical keyboard and so far I like it a lot. 

No fancy features, just a simple mechanical keyboard with red lighting (it also has an RGB variant). 

No conflicting or ghosting keys either. 

7 hours ago, RSX7 said:

I'm a current owner of a speed red Gram Spectrum (G11SFL), and I have to warn you of one thing. After awhile of usage keystrokes might start duplicating. Sometimes when I go to press O for example, it registers as if I pressed O twice rather than once, although it doesn't happen very often. Don't let this discourage you from purchasing it, I just wanted to let you know before you decided to purchase it.

Does it happen to all keys? If it happens to only one then it could be a faulty switch or some dust (at least that is what I've read).

No, just a few of them. Thanks for the info!