is this psu enough?

charbel1011

i have the Corsair RMx Series, RM650x psu. and i was wondering i upgrade later to a new motherboard and a new cpu if i wanna get the i7 8700k will it be enough? i have right now the i7 6700K not overclocked. and i have the evga gtx 1080Ti. and like im thinking of selling the motherboard and cpu and get the i7 8700k. will that psu be enough?

The PSU will definitly be good enough!

If you really need that CPU upgrade is a whole other different story.

Depends on what you are doing obviously. If it's just gaming, then you probably shouldn't upgrade.

8 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

The PSU will definitly be good enough!

If you really need that CPU upgrade is a whole other different story.

Depends on what you are doing obviously. If it's just gaming, then you probably shouldn't upgrade.

To be honest with u i like to upgrade for the sake of upgrading. i know it wont make that big difference but i like from time to time to sell my old parts on ebay and then if i get a good price i upgrade. and beside i have my eyes on this combo i like the new msi rgb motherboards. this one https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.3754690

Just now, charbel1011 said:

To be honest with u i like to upgrade for the sake of upgrading. i know it wont make that big difference but i like from time to time to sell my old parts on ebay and then if i get a good price i upgrade. and beside i have my eyes on this combo i like the new asus rgb motherboards. this one https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.3754690

Okay, fair enough!

Just wanted to make sure you know about the relatively small performance gains :)

And that is indeed a good looking motherboard! :o

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

Okay, fair enough!

Just wanted to make sure you know about the relatively small performance gains :)

And that is indeed a good looking motherboard! :o

like this bundle is 489$ let's say between my cpu and my motherboard i got 300$ which i should at least on ebay. ill pay 289$ in difference which isn't that bad. and will get myself a i7 8700k system.

39 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

like this bundle is 489$ let's say between my cpu and my motherboard i got 300$ which i should at least on ebay. ill pay 289$ in difference which isn't that bad. and will get myself a i7 8700k system.

2 cores and four more threads definitely can make a difference but if you're not doing anything that requires 6 cores and 12 threads right now then you're just throwing out money...

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||