Cablemod cables worth it?

RollTime
Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

One word: Aesthetics.

Well, clearly the sexiness is a big point. Are there any other benefits such a quality over just the cables that come with the PSU?

it's time

Aesthetics or if you are building in a confined compartment than customizing the cable length can help with cable management

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Just now, RollTime said:

Well, clearly the sexiness is a big point. Are there any other benefits such a quality over just the cables that come with the PSU?

Not likely, I think it's just the sleeving. @CableMod should be able to confirm this.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, User1868 said:

Aesthetics or if you are building in a confined compartment than customizing the cable length can help with cable management

Thanks.

it's time

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Not likely, I think it's just the sleeving. @CableMod should be able to confirm this.

Okay, thanks. 

it's time

Purchased a set when I had a desktop. Definitely looked good in the system and customized length made cable management slightly easier.

Real question is if you can afford such expense and whether it will be worth it to you. I had some spare money and went for it, because I didn't really have anything else to upgrade at that point.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

it won't give you better performance if thats what you are asking, this is about looks in that the cables look nicer, can be easier to control then the heat shrinked ends on Corsair cables that practically press against your side panel when plugged into the GPU and you can potentially get custom length cables (although that costs more then the kit), if you have room to work with for hiding cable and just want the look you can do the extensions kit for like 60 bucks, which is way more reasonable.

1 minute ago, Daniel644 said:

it won't give you better performance if thats what you are asking, this is about looks in that the cables look nicer, can be easier to control then the heat shrinked ends on Corsair cables that practically press against your side panel when plugged into the GPU and you can potentially get custom length cables (although that costs more then the kit), if you have room to work with for hiding cable and just want the look you can do the extensions kit for like 60 bucks, which is way more reasonable.

Thanks for the tip there.

it's time

@RollTime there wouldn't be a performance gain - this would be an aesthetics gain. Depending on whether or not you see it justifiable is completely up to you. I'd say it is worth it though. :)

Pic for attention - not mine - this is our new pro series cables though (with the AIO sleeving kit to match).

IG J.kerr1990 (2).jpg

The cables are more flexible than most. Easier to run groups of cables where one wants.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

2 minutes ago, brob said:

The cables are more flexible than most. Easier to run groups of cables where one wants.

@brob our ModFlex is quite flexible yes - the ModMesh isn't as flexible though, instead you get more vibrant colors and UV reactive sleeving as seen in the photo above. :)

3 hours ago, CableMod said:

@RollTime there wouldn't be a performance gain - this would be an aesthetics gain. Depending on whether or not you see it justifiable is completely up to you. I'd say it is worth it though. :)

Pic for attention - not mine - this is our new pro series cables though (with the AIO sleeving kit to match).

IG J.kerr1990 (2).jpg

Thanks for that. At least you guys don't wireworld with your cables.

"Pure silver? Why not? *derp*"

it's time

@RollTime you're very welcome! If you need any help too you can always email Support@CableMod.com at any time - here to help!

18 minutes ago, CableMod said:

@RollTime you're very welcome! If you need any help too you can always email Support@CableMod.com at any time - here to help!

Good to know.

it's time

If you have a simple clean looking case with a clear window then some extensions are fine, you won't even see half the cables anyway. They're way cheaper and compatible with different brands of PSU.

If you go full custom everything including laser engraved water cooling fittings I would go for a full cable set but for me those are a bit too expensive compared to the rest of my build and I dont think that's worth the price.

It depends on your budget and rest of the build how far you wanna take it.