GTX 1050TI OVERCLOCKING

Akamii

Hey guys, i have GTX 1050TI asus expedition, its TDP should be 75w, so my question is, if i oc the card for example : 100% power, +150/+700 clocks, 70% fans, does that mean it will consume more than 75w? or its the limit and it wont go higher than that?

TDP doesn't mean power usage. However, I'd estimate the card to use 100W of power at stock and with 120% power limit then it'll be exactly 120W. This isn't exact so just say 150 watts. Honestly, you don't need to worry about power unless you have a 350 watt PSU or something

4 minutes ago, YaqinHasan said:

TDP doesn't mean power usage. However, I'd estimate the card to use 100W of power at stock and with 120% power limit then it'll be exactly 120W. This isn't exact so just say 150 watts. Honestly, you don't need to worry about power unless you have a 350 watt PSU or something

the card doesnt even use power from the psu cable, its only from the pcie slot, and its max power on Nivida website is 75w, i oc'ed the clocks but the power limit remains 100% ( i cant increase it anyway), so i'm just wondering would it stay 75w or it will be higher than that, (worryin about the motherboard)

1 minute ago, Akamii said:

the card doesnt even use power from the psu cable, its only from the pcie slot, and its max power on Nivida website is 75w, i oc'ed the clocks but the power limit remains 100% ( i cant increase it anyway), so i'm just wondering would it stay 75w or it will be higher than that, (worryin about the motherboard)

If you draw too much power then it'll just crash, so you'll probably be fine unless you do something ridiculous