svhost.exe

DarshanDash

Hi

I apparently found out in task manager i have a ton of svhost.exe programs running can i find a way to fix or reduce them?

fHwl2VZ.png

Uvd4fVy.png

No. It's the generic term MS uses for all the core system files that run.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

19 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

No. It's the generic term MS uses for all the core system files that run.

Wait so can i do anything about it? Is this a good or bad thing? 

Svchost is the process handler for all Microsoft services that are part of the operating system. If you see a svchost process that eats a lot of CPU, then you've found the Windows Update thread :P 

No, you can't do anything about it.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

They don't appear to be eating up too much RAM or CPU, so just leave them be.

As mentioned above, you might see one of them is utilising a lot of your internet bandwidth...and there's your Windows Updates!

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

If you ever notice it is eating a lot of your CPU (unless you got a crap CPU), you most likely have a virus that hides it's self as svhost. Otherwise, it is normal to see this, I guess Microsoft got lazy and desided not to label what each one really is.

Looks like this is normal though, but I like that you were concerned that's one step closer to actively preventing damage.

/ | / /__  _________/ / /_____ _/ (_) /___  __
  /  |/ / _ \/ ___/ __  / __/ __ `/ / / __/ / / /
 / /|  /  __/ /  / /_/ / /_/ /_/ / / / /_/ /_/ / 
/_/ |_/\___/_/   \__,_/\__/\__,_/_/_/\__/\__, /  
                                        /____/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, 「Neͥrdͣtͫality」noice to meet you... :3

Wait wat lol i disabled windows update and everything with it