Any recommendations?

I am just trying to record videos on YT, doing like tech stuff. I only have $600 for the camera and tripod, so I would like to ask if there are any combos of things you guys would recommend. gg tks

You'll need a solid tripod for smooth panning etc. Go Manfrotto for that.

Beyond that, no suggestions.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

To be honest as a starter any of Sony's line of point-and-shoots are prefect. If your looking into getting more cinematic shots (Which they can do) or are looking for something cheaper, the aforementioned Rebel T6 and 600D from Canon are great starting points, as well as Nikon's D3xxx & D5xxx series of cameras. As far as lenses go, your going to be shooting on a cropped lens, so for wide shots your going to want to be looking for about a 14mm - 30mm lens. You don't have to get one of those but that is the kinda area you should be looking in. Cinematography people (referencing Peter McKinnon here) would probably recommend a "nifty 50" - a 50mm lens. I can attest they are brilliant! Going back to the camera body, make sure to buy one with a mic input! Whatever you get chances are (unless its one of the point and shoots) its mic will be terrible. RODE do some great mics, and the older VideoMic Pro now sells quite cheaply on eBay. Echoing @Radium_Angel Manfrotto have some great gear - through expensive. I would recommend getting any addons after you have got the camera and used it for a while. You may find that you do not need stands, sliders etc.

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

The manfrotto BeFree video tripod is expensive, but very good and extremely versatile. Get that, and a used camera/lens. The Panasonic G7 can be had for pretty cheap, and M43 lenses are usually very affordable. Also don't forget the camera in your pocket is very high quality. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2018 at 7:50 PM, johnukguy said:

At what resolution do you want to record?

1080p60/1080p30

On 09/04/2018 at 2:50 PM, Bustapalapeno said:

Also don't forget the camera in your pocket is very high quality. 

This is true, most modern smartphones are good but they do not use the higher bitrate nor resolution of a bigger sensor. Plus they can overheat much easier. There are other problems (like light) but I do still agree. Don't forget the power of your phone.

4 hours ago, lambuibao said:

1080p60/1080p30

If your just starting out, go for a second hand Canon 600D. Its a great camera with arguably the best lens support and best color science on the market. They also serve for a brilliant second camera for later down the line.

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

I'd go for a Canon camera with Dual Pixel Autofocus (DPAF) and a flip out screen. Fortunately, all of Canon's latest DSLR offerings have this. DPAF is great because you can just touch the screen and it'll stay focused on you.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy