Dual Boot GRUB Help

Hi,

I am trying to dual-boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04 and i have two storage devices. The first is a 256GB NVMe drive in which i have windows. I will not touch this. Ther e is a second 4TB HDD which holds my games. I made a 500GB Partition which is for Ubuntu.  When i go in Ubuntu it sees the space and i do the / and /home. Then, when it tries to install grub it gives a fatal error. Can not execute command on NVMe-0. Should i install GRUB on the Ubuntu drive?

Thank You

Put grub on the same disk as the Ubuntu install. This way you dont touch the windows bootloader and can go back whenever you want with little headache. Once you have Ubuntu up and running install the os-prober package and rebuild grub. It should now find your windows partition and create a new boot option in grub so that you dont need to play musical boot disks in your BIOS when you want to go back into windows.

Ok, I actually fixed it. I was not installing under windows boot manager. Anyway, the system (Ubuntu) is very laggy, the mouse can't right click and i can't drag and drop windows. I have 16GB of RAM and a 2GB swap partition.

Just now, Fleetscut said:

Put grub on the same disk as the Ubuntu install. This way you dont touch the windows bootloader and can go back whenever you want with little headache. Once you have Ubuntu up and running install the os-prober package and rebuild grub. It should now find your windows partition and create a new boot option in grub so that you dont need to play musical boot disks in your BIOS when you want to go back into windows.

Thanks