Is this a good 1080ti?

Hello!

Is this a good and quiet 1080ti? Does it overheat, sound like million jet planes taking off etc?

I could get it for 500-600 making it a good upgrade over my 1070 strix asus.

1_1_47167103.jpg

Plot thickens:

there is also the extreme edition for the same price, what is the difference? I can see there is something copper on the backplate, but is there anything else?

1_1_47167132.jpg

Is 1080ti worth 690 euro?

GPU prices are just screwed up right now. A 1080 ti was $700 USD on release date, now it's like $1000 USD. 

690 euros = $850 USD

So ya it's a good deal.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Just now, Rasbir Singh said:

GPU prices are just screwed up right now. A 1080 ti was $700 USD on release date, now it's like $1000 USD. 

690 euros = $850 USD

You can probably sell it for 750 euros.

You cant convert usd into euros, as the taxes etc are different. When 1080ti first came out it was already 800 euros on amazon, now on amazon it is 1000 euros, so yeah. 

But i just measured my case and it probably doesnt fit my case so im sad now.... Maybe ill have to find a used 1080ti mini... or any other 1080ti that isnt 3 slots, but is 2 slots. So i would need a 1080ti that is 4cm wide, not 5,5.

1 minute ago, Some Random Member said:

But i just measured my case and it probably doesnt fit my case so im sad now.... Maybe ill have to find a used 1080ti mini... or any other 1080ti that isnt 3 slots, but is 2 slots.

lol.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Just now, Rasbir Singh said:

lol.

Well it isnt as funny for me, because 1080ti for 500-690 euro is pretty unbeatable in my country.

Just now, Some Random Member said:

Well it isnt as funny for me, because 1080ti for 500-690 euro is pretty unbeatable in my country.

It's pretty unbeatable in any country at this point in time. 

8 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

Wait, where are you getting a 1080ti for that low of a price?

You should really just save your money for next generation GPUs since you already have a 1070, what's your monitor resolution/refresh rate and CPU?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

9 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

If it's that unbeatable, get a new case...?

Just now, Streetguru said:

Wait, where are you getting a 1080ti for that low of a price?

You should really just save your money for next generation GPUs since you already have a 1070, what's your monitor resolution/refresh rate and CPU?

ˇIn my countries equivalent of ebay. My monitor is 4k 60fps, cpu is r7 1700. The biggest problem is euro truck 2 in vr, it doesnt get enough fps.

Just now, CyberFern0 said:

If it's that unbeatable, get a new case...?

Well i have sharkoon c10 it is a beatiful itx case, maybe i could even fit the new gpu in it. Anyways is  corsair cx500m green label good enough for r7 1700 and and a 1080ti?

This is one of the best 1080 ti models out there.

This Cooler makes no compromises. Good heat dissipation, all important components are very good cooled (VRMs, VRAMs), it offers a max Powertarget of 375 Watt, and al lthat, in a low Noise.

One of the quietest Air cooler cards, decent temperatures, and plenty room for overclocking regarding Powertarget.

German PCGH measured only 72°C with only 1.7 sone loudness (that's quite low noise).

Check this: 

Don't mind the German, go to Minute 9:15, he starts Witcher 3 there in 4k Ultra, and you can see the card heating up, and you see where it lands in terms of temperature, noise, etc.

Out of the Box, the voltage throttles down, because 250w is powerlimiting the Card.

At 10:00 minutes, it's heated up. 70°C (Temperature limit is 83°C~ so plenty room there), and Fans speed up to 1600 rpm, that's okay.

Because 250w are Powerlimiting the Chip, it sits at only 0.900 Volt, and 1823 Mhz. That's okay.

You can simply increase the Powerlimit, which he does. Increase it to up to 150% (card CAN draw up to 375 Watt), and it will boost higher, to 1.043 Volt, and 1987 Mhz.

Almost 1800 rpm there, and 76°C, All that "out of the box", when removing the Powerlimit.

But yea, very good card. If you can get it cheap, do it. It's one of the best.

Just now, Darkseth said:

Hey wtf my psu is only 500 watts, and this monster draws 375? 

EDIT: out of the box 250watts, which is acceptable, as the 1070 draws 150.

19 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

ˇIn my countries equivalent of ebay. My monitor is 4k 60fps, cpu is r7 1700. The biggest problem is euro truck 2 in vr, it doesnt get enough fps.

I'm pretty sure a card they can sell for $1000 USD has something wrong with it if they're selling it for $500 or it's a Chinese fake

Just turn down the graphical settings for Euro Truck 2?

500W PSU is fine just don't overclock, maybe undervolt your GPU a bit, or drop the power target by like 10%

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

No, this Card CAN draw 375 Watt, if you allow it to. Increasing the Powerlimit to 375w (150%) does NOT mean, it draws 375w all the time. But it CAN.

If you let Powertarget at 100%, then the Card will not draw more than 250 Watt (stock value), which is also perfectly fine.

But if you increase the Powerlimit to max, and overclock it, then it will hit the point^^

You can even do the opposite of OC. Undervolting^^ Try 0.800 Volt, and maybe that already runs stable at 1750-1800 Mhz. Combine that with a +200 to +500 Memory OC, and that small Clock difference might be countered. Same stock performance, but you might be able to bring the Power consumption down to 220w or 210w ^^

Which PSU is it? The number of Watt gives you 0 information about the PSUs performance, capabilities, and Quality.

You can buy cheapass china-750w PSUs for 25 bucks, and they will crash on a 400w Load, while a good quality 400w PSU will do that without problems.

I'm pretty sure a card they can sell for $1000 USD has something wrong with it if they're selling it for $500 or it's a Chinese fake

Just turn down the graphical settings for Euro Truck 2?

500W PSU is fine just don't overclock

At all low but still lags in cities, also cant play games in 4k with a 1070.

Also it isnt 500 dollars, but 500 euros.

Also the site it is sold on requires the id code of the person to create an account, meaning if you scam you go straight to police. 

Just now, Darkseth said:

Which PSU is it? The number of Watt gives you 0 information about the PSUs performance, capabilities, and Quality.

You can buy cheapass china-750w PSUs for 25 bucks, and they will crash on a 400w Load, while a good quality 400w PSU will do that without problems.

I already told that i have  corsair cx500m green label. People say that it is horrible, but it hasnt caught fire yet.

3 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

At all low but still lags in cities, also cant play games in 4k with a 1070.

Also it isnt 500 dollars, but 500 euros.

Also the site it is sold on requires the id code of the person to create an account, meaning if you scam you go straight to police. 

I'm pretty sure there are going to be simple/easy ways around it man, either way they could sell it for 1000 EUR then

1080tis start at like 900 EUR for ITX and blower cards

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/J8qbt6/asus-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-11gb-turbo-video-card-turbo-gtx1080ti-11g

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure there are going to be simple/easy ways around it man, either way they could sell it for 1000 EUR then

1080tis start at 900 EUR for ITX and blower cards

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/J8qbt6/asus-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-11gb-turbo-video-card-turbo-gtx1080ti-11g

It is a used 1080ti. Also it is a auction, meaning if some crazy guy bids 690 euro imSOL

38 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

This is one of the best 1080 ti models out there.

This Cooler makes no compromises. Good heat dissipation, all important components are very good cooled (VRMs, VRAMs), it offers a max Powertarget of 375 Watt, and al lthat, in a low Noise.

One of the quietest Air cooler cards, decent temperatures, and plenty room for overclocking regarding Powertarget.

German PCGH measured only 72°C with only 1.7 sone loudness (that's quite low noise).

Check this: 

Don't mind the German, go to Minute 9:15, he starts Witcher 3 there in 4k Ultra, and you can see the card heating up, and you see where it lands in terms of temperature, noise, etc.

Out of the Box, the voltage throttles down, because 250w is powerlimiting the Card.

At 10:00 minutes, it's heated up. 70°C (Temperature limit is 83°C~ so plenty room there), and Fans speed up to 1600 rpm, that's okay.

Because 250w are Powerlimiting the Chip, it sits at only 0.900 Volt, and 1823 Mhz. That's okay.

You can simply increase the Powerlimit, which he does. Increase it to up to 150% (card CAN draw up to 375 Watt), and it will boost higher, to 1.043 Volt, and 1987 Mhz.

Almost 1800 rpm there, and 76°C, All that "out of the box", when removing the Powerlimit.

But yea, very good card. If you can get it cheap, do it. It's one of the best.

How is that compared to the Asus ROG Strix version? I just want to know.

13 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

When you get to that tier of 1080ti so long as the basics are covered like VRM/memory heatsinks there's likely not much difference.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, CyberFern0 said:

No problem :)

PCGH also tested the Strix. They measured 2.2 Sone loudnes (slightly louder), at 70°C. Enough headroom for less noise, especially with Undervolting.

However, the results were just a little tiny bit worse than Gigabyte Aorus and MSI Gaming X (btw 1.9 Sone loudness at 72°C under Load), because the VRM/VRAM cooling is a tad weaker. However, i think it will still be good enough for anything that's not "super ultra extreme hardcore OC with overvoltage". The differences should be just very minimal.

Just to a note: While the Aorus has 250w Powertarget, and max 375w, the MSI Gaming X has 280w at 100%, and 330w at 117% max.

Strix has 330w max at 120%, and at 100% that's 275w

But all 3 are fine.

Can you find an EVGA FTW3?  It is probably the best 2 slot 1080 ti.  Mine ran very quiet and cool when it was air cooled.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

8 hours ago, TahoeDust said:

Can you find an EVGA FTW3?  It is probably the best 2 slot 1080 ti.  Mine ran very quiet and cool when it was air cooled.

I can wait until the new next gen gpus come out and someone sells their Evga gpu.

500-600 USD is a steal for that GPU. Aorus cooler is a monster, maybe the best cooler out there. I have one. It's amazing.