Corsair's spec-01 case setup?

I want to assemble my first custom gaming rig.

I am planning to buy corsair's spec 01 case, and want to install 4 case fan.

I will be using only one HDD and an ssd(if I upgrade in future....Not sure).And stock intel CPU heatsink

I want to keep my case temperature as low as possible to ensure maximum durability of my 1060 6 GB gaming rig.(around 5 years...Without any component failure due to bad heat control.)

In my opinion I am planning to install 2 static pressure fan (120mm) at front bottom intake and 2 high airflow fan at rear top and back exhaust.

High airflow fan - corsair

Static pressure - thermaltake

Any suggestion or Changes in my setup

Should I also add a side fan for gpu cooling(if yes intake or exhaust)(I can change my case if necessary)

Moreover please give PSU intake direction.....

Thank-you,

If you truly want the best cooling, I suggest 2 Noctua iPPC 140mm 3000RPM PWM fans in the front and 3 Noctua iPPC 120mm 3000rpm PWM fans in the back with the ones on the back operating slower to maintain positive pressure. But on a more realistic note, 2 140mm fans in the front and one 120mm fan in the rear will be fine and the 140mm fans can be run at lower speeds. I also suggest not to keep the stock intel cooler and opting for a good ol' hyper 212

I agree with Yaqin. I have the corsair Spec-03 (very similar) with the 2 140mm fans at the front and 120mm at the rear, which works very well. Keeps my temps level. I have never had an overheating problem and my parts are in excellent condition. More fans (with the right configuration) will be better, but I think your priority should be your CPU cooler at this stage. I have my PSU taking air in from the rear, and Outputting from the bottom. The case has feet to help with output, but make sure not to place on thick carpet.

Rig (OLD): 

• AMD Piledriver FX-6350 Six Core 3.90GHz Processor
  • 1TB Hard Drive
  • 120GB AFOX SSD
  • 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
  • NVIDIA GTX 960 2GB DDR5
  • Corsair SPEC-03 Blue LED Gaming PC Case 
  • 450W Power Supply
  • Gigabyte AMD760G Chipset Motherboard

New Rig:

• Intel core I5-6600K 3.5GHz Processor
  • 1TB HDD
  • 240GB Samsung SSD
  • 16GB 2333MHz DDR4 RAM
  • ICHILL Nvidia Geforce 980ti
  • 850W PSU

31 minutes ago, YaqinHasan said:

If you truly want the best cooling, I suggest 2 Noctua iPPC 140mm 3000RPM PWM fans in the front and 3 Noctua iPPC 120mm 3000rpm PWM fans in the back with the ones on the back operating slower to maintain positive pressure. But on a more realistic note, 2 140mm fans in the front and one 120mm fan in the rear will be fine and the 140mm fans can be run at lower speeds. I also suggest not to keep the stock intel cooler and opting for a good ol' hyper 212

I am on a budget so can't afford noctua (I my area noctua is ruthlessly expensive).I don't want best cooling g but decent cooling for my specs...To increase my component lifespan

For CPU I I think that hyper 212 heatsink would put extra torque on motherboard  which will make PCB weak and decrease it's lifespan below 5 years.

I am planning on using stock heatsink for 2 years then shifting to single 120mm fan AIO cooler(no torque and more space in case I.e. better airflow.....In my opinion......Am I wrong?

2 minutes ago, aryan_1752 said:

For CPU I I think that hyper 212 heatsink would put extra torque on motherboard  which will make PCB weak and decrease it's lifespan below 5 years.

I am planning on using stock heatsink for 2 years then shifting to single 120mm fan AIO cooler(no torque and more space in case I.e. better airflow.....In my opinion......Am I wrong?

Not to seem rude, but you are quite wrong. Installing an aftermarket cooler doesn't decrease life of anything in your PC and likely will not hurt anything in your PC either.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

7 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Not to seem rude, but you are quite wrong. Installing an aftermarket cooler doesn't decrease life of anything in your PC and likely will not hurt anything in your PC either.

Okay then I will add one should I go with AIO or hyper 212

1 minute ago, aryan_1752 said:

Okay then I will add one

Also, another thing I wanted to mention:

You seem very worried about components dying. It really isn't something to worry about to the extent that you are, as long as you have half-decent cooling for your case and good cooling for your components, they'll last you a good few years.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

11 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Also, another thing I wanted to mention:

You seem very worried about components dying. It really isn't something to worry about to the extent that you are, as long as you have half-decent cooling for your case and good cooling for your components, they'll last you a good few years.

Well sir its because, I live in a remote area so I don't have a good tech support and all gaming grade parts are imported here from us or UK so I am already paying 40% more for each gaming component in the name of taxes and costume duties. So I prefer long life of my pc components (I need 5 year lifespan for each component, no more)

Thanks for your time

If you are about saving a bit and gaining life/performance, get 2 extra fans only. Case will have 1 preinstalled fan, which you move from front to rear. Then have 2 fans you get as front intakes. That will be enough. What CPU you have in mind? Saying stock cooling, I assume you won't be overclocking and are going for non-K Intel or midrange Ryzen. GPU will be fine with 2 intakes and 1 exhaust, thats the config I'm running atm. No aftermarket cooler will harm your hardware in any way. CPU will be harmed by you running it at high voltages and temps. Mobo will be harmed by sudden electricity spikes and you bending it while installing (not using standoffs). Components won't do any harm. I've moved with my current rig 4 times during past year, with system built and using much heavier CPU cooler than 212.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, aryan_1752 said:

I am on a budget so can't afford noctua (I my area noctua is ruthlessly expensive).I don't want best cooling g but decent cooling for my specs...To increase my component lifespan

I was sarcastic about the noctuas but they are the best as far as i know. Corsair SPs are also pretty popular and they're pretty so :)

I wouldn't worry about the torque unless you have like an NH-D15/ DRP3 and you go to LANs every other day. In my opinion unless you're going for aesthetics or just marginally/ arguably better cooling, getting an AIO is not going to be a worth it investment. In my opinion for most builds a solid single tower 120mm cpu cooler would do just fine.

7 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

If you are about saving a bit and gaining life/performance, get 2 extra fans only. Case will have 1 preinstalled fan, which you move from front to rear. Then have 2 fans you get as front intakes. That will be enough. What CPU you have in mind? Saying stock cooling, I assume you won't be overclocking and are going for non-K Intel or midrange Ryzen. GPU will be fine with 2 intakes and 1 exhaust, thats the config I'm running atm. No aftermarket cooler will harm your hardware in any way. CPU will be harmed by you running it at high voltages and temps. Mobo will be harmed by sudden electricity spikes and you bending it while installing (not using standoffs). Components won't do any harm. I've moved with my current rig 4 times during past year, with system built and using much heavier CPU cooler than 212.

I am planning for i5 7500 and yeah no CPU (I chose non k CPU for this reason only)or GPU OC I am planning for getting 2 static pressure intake fans and 2 highairflow (is one fan really alright...coz otherwise case would have a positive air pressure.....and everyone recommends for negative air pressure) rear exhaust. And I will get an aftermarket cooler during purchasing fo cup. 212 for instance.

Thanks sir......

5 hours ago, YaqinHasan said:

I was sarcastic about the noctuas but they are the best as far as i know. Corsair SPs are also pretty popular and they're pretty so :)

I wouldn't worry about the torque unless you have like an NH-D15/ DRP3 and you go to LANs every other day. In my opinion unless you're going for aesthetics or just marginally/ arguably better cooling, getting an AIO is not going to be a worth it investment. In my opinion for most builds a solid single tower 120mm cpu cooler would do just fine.

Okay I will get a single tower (hyper 212)

3 hours ago, aryan_1752 said:

I am planning for i5 7500 and yeah no CPU (I chose non k CPU for this reason only)or GPU OC I am planning for getting 2 static pressure intake fans and 2 highairflow (is one fan really alright...coz otherwise case would have a positive air pressure.....and everyone recommends for negative air pressure) rear exhaust. And I will get an aftermarket cooler during purchasing fo cup. 212 for instance.

Thanks sir......

Best pressure wise would be neutral. Positive keeps dust out, negative gives maybe tad better temps. And since intake is usually restricted, having 1 fan more on that side and running intakes at maybe 60-75% will give close to neutral pressure.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv