Which thermal paste should I use for my pentium processor?

I had recently disassembled my old pc to clean it and use it again. Everything is done, also I have cleaned the old compound on my processor; but when I searched on amazon for a new paste, I was not understanding which one to buy.Please Help.

Totally don't matter if its a Pentium, they don't get very hot, they don't overclock - its only to get good thermal contact between the heatsink and the ihs

if you want a brand name, then the best cheapest well respected paste on amazon as far as i can see is this - arctic silver 5

My Gaming PC: 27833

There is no specific thermal paste for the pentium. All intel cpu's have similar IHS's (Integrated Heat Spreads, aka the metal bit on the top), and they don't require any specific thermal paste. Your best going to a computer store and asking for a 5 - 10 gram of thermal paste for around 5 - 10 dollars, or hop online, search up eBay and buy a thermal paste tube with at least 4 stars and 100+ sales. Some reputable brands are Cooler Master, IC Diamond and Arctic Silver. Best of luck.

Note: Don't buy thermal paste (or compound) in bulk. It tends to be very low quality, and simply not worth it, around 40 - 60 dollars for a kilo tub.

(Linus himself made a video about this on YouTube, search up "Bulk Thermal Compound - Is it worth it?"

Good luck buddy. ✌

hi.

57 minutes ago, tj_420 said:

There is no specific thermal paste for the pentium. All intel cpu's have similar IHS's (Integrated Heat Spreads, aka the metal bit on the top), and they don't require any specific thermal paste. Your best going to a computer store and asking for a 5 - 10 gram of thermal paste for around 5 - 10 dollars, or hop online, search up eBay and buy a thermal paste tube with at least 4 stars and 100+ sales. Some reputable brands are Cooler Master, IC Diamond and Arctic Silver. Best of luck.

Note: Don't buy thermal paste (or compound) in bulk. It tends to be very low quality, and simply not worth it, around 40 - 60 dollars for a kilo tub.

(Linus himself made a video about this on YouTube, search up "Bulk Thermal Compound - Is it worth it?"

Good luck buddy. ✌

Yea i remember that video, was quite fun. Or Jay from JayzTwoCents who tried random things instead of actual thermal paste

As I mentioned earlier, it dont matter so much, just get something with good reputation and low price, will be fine for this chip

My Gaming PC: 27833