Lost 2FA on old account

DutchPlays

I'll get straight to the point. A pretty long time ago I reset my phone without disabling 2FA everywhere, and since I was using Google Authenticator (and not something like Authy) I lost all of my 2FA accounts. I didn't write down backup codes at the time because I thought it wouldn't be necessary, but I quickly learnt my lesson. I've been able to get basically every account back now except my old LinusTechTips account. I'd rather not put the old username in this forum post because I have some information in the contact details that could be used to easily identify my real name (which I'd rather keep hidden for as long as possible).
So my question is if I can still get the account back or get it removed. I can show/prove that I am the owner of the accounts linked to it (e.g. Google) and social media accounts listed on it (e.g. Twitter). I could also show the emails I've gotten from the LTT Forum and the old IP address that I used for logging in. Other than that I guess I don't have anything else I can use to prove ownership of the account. I hope someone can help me out here.

If you send me a PM with the username and email associated with the account, I can help you recover it.

HTTP/2 203

Once I couldn't log into a forum that ran IPB because I lost the 2FA thing but I was able to get back in by putting my username and password in and then clicking on

image.thumb.png.53e821dcb3604f70d7c73a785123987b.png

"or verify using another method

1 minute ago, Danielx64 said:

Once I couldn't log into a forum that ran IPB because I lost the 2FA thing but I was able to get back in by putting my username and password in and then clicking on

"or verify using another method

This site is using a different (custom) two factor authentication system because it was added before 2FA was implemented in the core software. Email recovery is optional (and potentially creates a single point of failure), so may well not have been enabled.

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

This site is using a different (custom) two factor authentication system because it was added before 2FA was implemented in the core software. Email recovery is optional (and potentially creates a single point of failure), so may well not have been enabled.

Thank you for the extra info, I wasn't even aware of that - that happens to be something that I saw on a different site :)