bass won't redirect (5.1 speakers)

KieuVanQuan

I need help seriously I tried everything...

Problem:

I've got a "Genius 5.1 HW 6000" speaker system and it has always worked flawlessly....right until now. At the moment none of the bass redirects itself (as it should) to the subwoofer. So there's basically no bass during audio/video playback and even gaming. So I instantly thought there might be an issue with the speakers so I did a Windows & Realtek Audio driver test and the bass worked correctly while testing...so that indicates that it's a windows error.

Things I've tried:

- applied stock default settings on audio driver panels

- reinstalled all audio drivers

- tried different surround modes such as 2.1, 4.0, 7.1 none worked

- made sure the "bass redirection" and "subwoofer gain" options are ticked in Sound Blaster X-Fi panel

- made sure 5.1 options were selected everywhere

- plugged the speakers in and out and made sure cables go to the right spot

- tried different browers (coz there's no bass during videos)

- tried 5 different media players including windows media player as well

- tried all possible VLC player audio output modules none worked so it's not a media player error either

My system/specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7 with on-board Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3

Audio programs (drivers I think): Realtek HD Audio Manager, Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3, some audio shits from GeForce and Intel

OS: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate build 7601 ENG with 200+ Windows Updates installed

So again, there's no hardware error here 100% sure because I ran multiple tests and the bass works just fine individually but when some program plays sound the bass does not get redirected to the sub so there's no bass at all even though I cranked it up to the fullest.

Can anyone help? I want my bass back :(

CPU i5-4460 @ 3.2 ghzMotherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7RAM 32gb Corsair Vengance 1600mhzGPU GTX-750 TICase Carbide 400R | SSD Plextor M8Pe(Y) 256gb NVME | SSHD Barracuda 1TB PSU CX430Display LG 29UM55-P Ultrawide | Keyboard Trust 3-way LEDMouse Razer Death Adder V2 Left Handed | Speakers Genius SW-HF 5.1 6000Headset Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO | Sound Card Xonar Essence STXIIOS Windows 8.1 x64 Professional, build 9600 | Theme(s) Windows 7, Vista & Aero from DeviantArt

do a system restore to a point when it was working.

Just now, emosun said:

do a system restore to a point when it was working.

Can't remember when this error started and I disabled restore points because I needed the SSD space. I guess I'm fucked now? Last thing I wanna do is OS reinstall ... I've done it so many times damn.

Here's a pic might help:

JDDvZym.png

CPU i5-4460 @ 3.2 ghzMotherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7RAM 32gb Corsair Vengance 1600mhzGPU GTX-750 TICase Carbide 400R | SSD Plextor M8Pe(Y) 256gb NVME | SSHD Barracuda 1TB PSU CX430Display LG 29UM55-P Ultrawide | Keyboard Trust 3-way LEDMouse Razer Death Adder V2 Left Handed | Speakers Genius SW-HF 5.1 6000Headset Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO | Sound Card Xonar Essence STXIIOS Windows 8.1 x64 Professional, build 9600 | Theme(s) Windows 7, Vista & Aero from DeviantArt

3 minutes ago, KieuVanQuan said:

I disabled restore points because I needed the SSD space

Yeah not too god an idea there

did you try just plugging the system into a phone to make sure it's not broken

1 minute ago, emosun said:

Yeah not too god an idea there

did you try just plugging the system into a phone to make sure it's not broken

can't just plug a 5.1 in a phone. and no, the speakers are fine.

1 minute ago, KieuVanQuan said:

can't just plug a 5.1 in a phone

ok then....

latest.jpg

Just now, emosun said:

ok then....

latest.jpg

Ok but as I said the speakers are working correctly

ok so dont bother testing the system at all and just reinstall windows. this time leave system restore enabled , hope it works out.

What happens if you turn the crossover frequency to something higher, like 150hz?

Also, what are the 2 other Realtek sources? Is your system plugged in via an optical cable?

58 minutes ago, NinJake said:

What happens if you turn the crossover frequency to something higher, like 150hz?

Nothing happens I tried to decrease and increase it.

42 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Also, what are the 2 other Realtek sources? Is your system plugged in via an optical cable?

I've seriously no idea what those are, lol.

1 hour ago, KieuVanQuan said:

Nothing happens I tried to decrease and increase it.

I've seriously no idea what those are, lol.

Ok, are you using an optical cable to connect the speakers to your motherboard? What happens if you right click the one that says (optical) and choose "set as default"