Help pricing older system

Go to solution Solved by Firecheetah13,

I would personally say about $400 because of that CPU, but you might be able to stretch the dough to $450.

The computer is used mostly for gaming no mining or anything, nothing is wrong with it, it is in good condition and i was just wondering a price on it, here are the specs and for the most part i am able to steadily run most games.

CPU Type

AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor

Graphics Chipset

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

R9 280x

Memory

System 16 gb

Vram 3 gb

Power supply 750 watt

80 plus bronze

ASUS R9 280X DirectCU II TOP V2

thank you for any help or responses.

I would personally say about $400 because of that CPU, but you might be able to stretch the dough to $450.

I'd part it out. The 280X is worth about $130-140, the FX-8320 about $80, the RAM about $70-80 and the motherboard, wild guess, anywhere from $30-100 depending on which one you have. PSUs and cases generally aren't worth trying to sell on eBay.

If I were to buy that system as an end-user, I wouldn't pay more than $250 at the high end. If I were trying to flip it, I'd try and get it from you for $150-180, then part it out like I mentioned above.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

I mostly agree with fire cheetah. It really depends on your local market really also if you’re adding any monitors or other peripherals. Many would consider 500$ price point to be entry level in my experience that’s where most ppl are looking to buy. I’d list for 500$ and go from there the more desperate you get. Many at that price point are used to paying extra for one that’s already built and would be happy to pay that for a capable machine. Also That way if you get ppl interested they likely won’t try to talk you down below 400$.

TLDR: look at what ppl are asking for similar setups locally. Then try to price yours competitively so you get interested buyers reaching out at least ;)