My Mobo is broken. Should I buy a used mobo or buy a new system?

Ru1Sous4

Hello everyone.

My computer out of the blue just turns off, no matter if I'm using excel, browsing the web or just playing, sometimes after 15min of use, other times after 2h (really random). The fact that a couple of USB ports and the first and second slot of RAM are not working makes me think that the Mobo is the issue here.

I don't  have a top of the line computer (Z97/4790K@4.5Mhz/16GB), but is good enough for what I do with it, the thing is, if I buy a new Mobo, I will have to buy a new CPU and RAM too :/

I can keep the GPU, SSD's, WC, PSU, etc, but my question is, put in consideration how is the market right now and the fact that the machine I have still works pretty well for my needs, should I just find a used Z97 and use it for now, until I decide to update it, or buy a new Mobo, CPU and RAM?

I would try to find the same mobo, maybe an updated one, just to keep on cruising for a little while longer! But that's me on my under-budget pc building fund... ha ha

I won't comment on random shut downs, since other members already gave you legit suggestions, but on your initial question, find used motherboard. You CPU is still pretty good by today's standards.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold