Microphone

CombatComedy

I need to get a mic for all around use ( not quite professional but not for playing roblox lol). I stream so I want a semi-good quality audio for my viewers, I also record youtube videos and want the mic for the same reason. I want a scissor type stand I can attach to my desk to move around as I would please, unless this truly cuts into the price and makes the quality to price impossible. I want this all to be under 40$ (USD) , please send me some links and get a convo going to find out my best option.

btw, constantly bumping your thread isnt the best way to get help.

whats your budget?

-Blue Yeti is one of the most popular streaming mics.  $130

-ModMic is always a great option since it works with any headphones and new ModMic 5 has a cool new modular system to change cable lengths. also has the benefit of a really awesome forum rep @AAJoe $40-70

-Zalman Zm-Mic1 works with any headset as well, doesnt sound nearly as good, but if you have a minimal budget its only $7

-Vmoda BoomPro is another great option, but depends more heavily on what headphones you have. its only compatible with headphones that have a detachable 3.5mm cable. $30

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Someone said my name! Twice more and I am free! :D

Under 40 dollars is a tough spot. I think @Tsuki pretty much nailed the most common ones. The ModMic falls a bit out of your budget (43 is where we start + shipping, and it costs more if you are not in the US). A Zalman alternative is the Sony ECMCS3 as well for a lav mic solution.

As usual I refer to my friend over at Podcastage who really spends all his time talking mics and audio gear:

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

@AAJoe , in this review, I watched it and I think that the 922B is probably the best option, any opinion?

@AAJoe , I have found quite a few mics on amazon with complete kits and offer good audio but most need "Phantom Power" and I have no clue what that is

@CombatComedy It's typically a 48 volt power source provided by mixers or audio interfaces like a Scarlett 2i2 (sometimes 24 or 12) or Behringer Xynyx. It uses an XLR connection to the mic which provides a balanced signal and then (if its an audio interface) a USB connection to the PC.

However, it means you have to buy the mic kit separately. A USB mic provides a ~5v signal to the mic and a digital cable, which has many of the same benefits of a balanced cable.

For simplicity I would urge you to stick with a USB solution for now and take your time to learn about XLR and analog mics before making an upgrade.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

17 hours ago, AAJoe said:

@CombatComedy It's typically a 48 volt power source provided by mixers or audio interfaces like a Scarlett 2i2 (sometimes 24 or 12) or Behringer Xynyx. It uses an XLR connection to the mic which provides a balanced signal and then (if its an audio interface) a USB connection to the PC.

However, it means you have to buy the mic kit separately. A USB mic provides a ~5v signal to the mic and a digital cable, which has many of the same benefits of a balanced cable.

For simplicity I would urge you to stick with a USB solution for now and take your time to learn about XLR and analog mics before making an upgrade.

thanks for the info, might go with the samsun go mic

1 hour ago, CombatComedy said:

thanks for the info, might go with the samsun go mic

I love my blue yeti blackout.. it is way more expensive than your budget, but GameStop bundles it with either assassins creed

https://www.gamestop.com/pc/accessories/yeti-microphone-assassins-creed-origins-bundle-only-at-gamestop/151942

or watch dogs 2

https://www.gamestop.com/pc/accessories/yeti-blackout-microphone-watch-dogs-2-bundle/134098

for $99 (MSRP is $130 for the microphone). That’s how I got mine... played watch dogs for ten minutes before I got frustrated.

AMD Ryzen 3950x under a Noctua D15S, 32 Gb G Skill FlareX 3200 DDR4 running at 3200 CL14, Gigabyte Aorus Pro 570 Wifi, Gigabyte 2070 Super hooked to a Dell U2718Q 4k HDR monitor & an Acer 1440p 144hz IPS panel of some kind, an Inland 1 TB M.2 PCIE 4 main drive, a Samsung NVME M.2 250Gb, WD Blue 500Gb  and 1 TB SSDs, Corsair RMX750, Rainbows and butterflies...

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:06 AM, RyzenDoctor said:

I love my blue yeti blackout.. it is way more expensive than your budget, but GameStop bundles it with either assassins creed

https://www.gamestop.com/pc/accessories/yeti-microphone-assassins-creed-origins-bundle-only-at-gamestop/151942

or watch dogs 2

https://www.gamestop.com/pc/accessories/yeti-blackout-microphone-watch-dogs-2-bundle/134098

for $99 (MSRP is $130 for the microphone). That’s how I got mine... played watch dogs for ten minutes before I got frustrated.

I decided to go with the watchdogs bundle, thanks a lot for showing me this. I got a bit more money for a mic and decided to snatch this :) 

I'm glad. not many people seem to know about these bundles, they drop the price and throw in a game =)

AMD Ryzen 3950x under a Noctua D15S, 32 Gb G Skill FlareX 3200 DDR4 running at 3200 CL14, Gigabyte Aorus Pro 570 Wifi, Gigabyte 2070 Super hooked to a Dell U2718Q 4k HDR monitor & an Acer 1440p 144hz IPS panel of some kind, an Inland 1 TB M.2 PCIE 4 main drive, a Samsung NVME M.2 250Gb, WD Blue 500Gb  and 1 TB SSDs, Corsair RMX750, Rainbows and butterflies...

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:27 AM, RyzenDoctor said:

I'm glad. not many people seem to know about these bundles, they drop the price and throw in a game =)

I had to drive 40 mins to a store that had it instead of paying 12$ shipping and I could use my 25 dollar gift card. Thanks for showing me this :) The boi is setup and sitting right in front of me