iPhone 6s or iPhone 7 in 2018?

Hello people of the internet!

I need some help to choose. So, I've been using android from around 2009. From Android Eclair to Nougat. My current smartphone right now is Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon version.

Recently I was having some conversation with a friend of mine who's an iPhone user since the birth of the first iPhone in 2007. He suggested me that I have to change from Android to iPhone because iPhone's lifespan is longer than Android's. He said iPhone would last for 3-4 sometimes 5 years, compare to Android which usually last only 1-2 years before they stop providing software update and eventually became obsolete faster than iPhone (which is a bummer!). I know that since I have a friend who used iPhone 5 and she still receive an update to iOS 10 (which for me iOS 10 is a relatively new). 

So, I kinda curious about it. I have a plan to upgrade (Or maybe migrate?) from my current daily drive to iPhone and see how long will it last.

iPhone 7 is what I had in mind. But, no headphone jack is quite a bummer since I listen to music a lot.

or iPhone 6s which is a lot cheaper, has a headphone jack, but it is older than iPhone 7 and has no IP67 certificate.

My question is, which iPhone should I choose that still worth buying in 2018 and has a best deal in terms of value for money? a cheaper iPhone 6s or a newer iPhone 7? Oh yeah, and I plan to buy a second hand, not refurbished.

Thank you for your help,

your answer is highly appreciated.

Have a nice day people, cheers!

I would definitely go with the 7 for better speeds. But keep in mind that if you're going to buy an iPhone; don't buy the 6 (w/o s) because it's becoming slow as sh*t (somewhat exaggerated but time does takes a toll on electronics) I say to go with the 7 is because it has 1) more features (e.g. 3D Touch, etc.) 2) Faster due to the new CPU. About the headphone jack, if you're willing to listen with the comfort of wirelessness, you should try out the AirPods. Seems really stupid at first glance but Apple really did perfect it. The only reason why I say it's stupid, is because the price of it is ~$100 (new). Also, if you want to listen from a third party headphone/earbuds, you can just use the adapter (aka dongle) that allows you to connect your headphone jack to the lighting port. Another suggestion that I will include is that wireless Bluetooth earbuds are another option for the lack of a headphone jack. 

Sorry for the essay but I just wanted to prove that you should buy the 7 instead of the 6s. 

Also, you can buy from Groupon for ~400 bucks for a used iPhone 7. (just a little tip :P)

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.