15L SFF Custom Watercooled Scratch Build

NERO626

I finished this build just over a year ago, supposed to be a no-compromised mITX PC that can be hand-carried on flights (which I've flew from Toronto -> San Francisco -> Toronto last summer, loop drained, of course)

GPU < 55c, CPU < 70c with fans @ 1300 rpm, really quiet under load or gaming

Part list:

GTX 1080 @ 2150mhz

Asus Z170i w/ Corsair Vengence LPX 16GB @ 2666mhz, 6700k @ 4.5 GHZ 1.25V

SF600 w/ cablemod cables

EK watercooling tings

Frame is hand built with 2020 aluminum extrusion, all the panels are a mix of 3mm and 5mm lasercut acrylic

Dimension: 310x290x165mm

MzH5SwN.jpg

vRA2CmL.jpg

cyk5v3g.jpg

tCa2VaD.jpg

PE8vMsD.jpg

XWHJk5n.jpg

s1c7D7m.jpg

5c8flvK.jpg

e5avkCt.jpg

N4i5JRg.jpg

4Kz1rX9.jpg

Full build log on SFF forum if anyone is interested: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/apex-15l-portable-watercooled-build.1394/

Very nicely done. It's surprisingly difficult to pull off something like this.

Hell, I've spent the better part of a year working on an easily reproducible SFX case. Tolerances are a pain

I have a couple questions for you:

1) What tolerance space did you give the cables coming out the back of the PSU without interfering with the radiator?

2) Would you be willing to share the assembly for referencing?

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

48 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

Very nicely done. It's surprisingly difficult to pull off something like this.

Hell, I've spent the better part of a year working on an easily reproducible SFX case. Tolerances are a pain

I have a couple questions for you:

1) What tolerance space did you give the cables coming out the back of the PSU without interfering with the radiator?

2) Would you be willing to share the assembly for referencing?

Thanks, the tolerance space is around 25mm

image.png.d4e27c47950287c7b8e9e738e1363681.png

however do keep in mind that the sockets coming out of the PSU is higher than the rad, so the only thing really obtruding the cables are the 2 fittings from the rad

Assembly as in the CAD assembly? Sure but it is really rough and not sure if it is of much use, it is mainly for me to test fit the parts, I can upload it somewhere after