Case Hunting Help Needed

Daniel644

Looking for a case that has decent airflow (no super closed off front panels) because It will air cooled for the time being but at some point will go full custom loop and the computer has 2 Titan Xp's (and either a 6700k or 1700 depending on which one of my motherboard/CPU combo I decide to use for the base of the system that I already have) so based on the EK configurator the system will need dual 360 slim rads so I'm looking for a case that can hold a full custom loop with 2 360 rads and no less then 2 3.5" drives (preferably more as this will also be the file server), also must have at least 1 tempered glass panel as this will be a living room computer and don't want it to look cheap.

I currently have 1 of the systems in a Meshify C but with the RM750x/RM850x PSU length I had to completely remove the drive cage to have enough room for the PSU and there is no room for anything more then AIO's in that case.

4 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

Looking for a case that has decent airflow (no super closed off front panels) because It will air cooled for the time being but at some point will go full custom loop and the computer has 2 Titan Xp's (and either a 6700k or 1700 depending on which one of my motherboard/CPU combo I decide to use for the base of the system that I already have) so based on the EK configurator the system will need dual 360 slim rads so I'm looking for a case that can hold a full custom loop with 2 360 rads and no less then 2 3.5" drives (preferably more as this will also be the file server), also must have at least 1 tempered glass panel as this will be a living room computer and don't want it to look cheap.

I currently have 1 of the systems in a Meshify C but with the RM750x/RM850x PSU length I had to completely remove the drive cage to have enough room for the PSU and there is no room for anything more then AIO's in that case.

Fractal Design R5 or R6

4 hours ago, ZeusXI said:

Fractal Design R5 or R6

looks like you gotta pull all the HDD sleighs out on the R5 to even put in a front rad and I don't see where you mount a RES when you have ANY 3.5" HDD's in the R6.

2 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

looks like you gotta pull all the HDD sleighs out on the R5 to even put in a front rad and I don't see where you mount a RES when you have ANY 3.5" HDD's in the R6.

Define S then?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

41 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Define S then?

close, meets the water cooling, PSU and HDD restrictions but only a plexi-side panel window option, no Tempered Glass.

was kinda leaning toward the Corsair 570x but I don't like how short the PSU shroud is (but that can be resolved with aftermarket options) but it would mean a 120/140 rad in the rear, 240 in the top and 360 in the front (unless there is a mod to get a 360 in the top) or the Dark Base 700 but the airflow on that case is shit and the Be Quiet page wouldn't let me have a rad in the front and the top so I don't now about clearance there.

10 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

Also i forgot, you get 2 3.5" HDD spaces on the back when you shift the modular panel to the back (Screen shot taken from the rendering promotional video)

image.png.6c6b283d3a5eefd03f5574917e000e04.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25