8700k. Some Realistic targets for overclocking!

Hi folks, 

Ended up moving up to a 8700k from a 7700k. I know that is a dumb upgrade but I moved my little brother into the 7700k and with some part swapping moved myself up to a 8700k. 

So. Had the old 7700k at a stable 4.9 @ 1.28 volts or so. I'm just curious at what to expect out of the 8700! 

I have a h100i so not too worried about temps. At basic it hits like 70 degrees in Aida 64 so I have some play room......I'm just asking the experts what is a good place to start.....hoping to just skip some steps at dialing in the whole process!

Thanks in advance!

I think you can probably get a decent OC between 4.8 and 5.0ghz on the chip should be a decent goal to go for. As usual, the general voltage for 24/7 usage is 1.35v (some say up to 1.4v if delided) on the chips. These chips have horrible thermals though too so its the nearest chip you will find to be almost recommended to delid the CPU and replace the TIM with something high quality or Liquid Metal to drop your temps to allow you to achieve overclocks. Thermals with the 8700k will likely be your limiting factor unfortunately. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card