iPhone data Usage

Go to solution Solved by themctipers,

probably just your ISP can do that now.

if you had an app (or well what I use, datameter, a cydia tweak) to determine when data was used BEFORE it was used, it would've been actively tracking when it was being used, but not now, as that has already passed

probably forgot about turning on wifi or something, or youtube like you said

I think in iOS 11 you can download files in safari now, to the files app, but am not certain. I know you can do that with a jailbreak though.

Hi guys, I have my work phone and it’s an IPhone 6. Someone in my team used all the Data that we have in our cell phone package. I need to know when it was used, I know on what “app” it was used but I need to know when it was. If someone can help me, it would be really useful. Someone used 30 Go. on Safari, someone knows how you can used that much Gb. on that? Did he used safari to go on other sites like YouTube, that uses a lot of “internet”. Thanks a lot, appreciate it :) 

probably just your ISP can do that now.

if you had an app (or well what I use, datameter, a cydia tweak) to determine when data was used BEFORE it was used, it would've been actively tracking when it was being used, but not now, as that has already passed

probably forgot about turning on wifi or something, or youtube like you said

I think in iOS 11 you can download files in safari now, to the files app, but am not certain. I know you can do that with a jailbreak though.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

think in iOS 11 you can download files in safari now, to the files app

What iOS still cannot do is interface with websites that host things like videos are large files. Safari on iOS always tries to load them into a webpage when really there should be an option to save directly to Files. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

An app like Glasswire will do this for you - only if implemented before however. Maybe try asking them?

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

4 minutes ago, limegorilla said:

An app like Glasswire will do this for you - only if implemented before however. Maybe try asking them?

Btw “thanks for all the comments everyone”. Yeah I’m asking my team, but “no body used it”. I know it’s the guys in the week end, you guys think I can go to our “provider” like Rogers / Koodo to ask them when it was used? And I’ll check those app in the futur so it won’t happen again. 

Is it a personal or company phone? If its a company phone your superior can (legally) go through the phone - and look at the data usage in settings

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

2 minutes ago, limegorilla said:

Is it a personal or company phone? If its a company phone your superior can (legally) go through the phone - and look at the data usage in settings

I’m working for the city, so company phone. But I’m in charge of a team, but how can he see when it was used in settings? I don’t want him to interfere, I want to handle my own team. 

2 minutes ago, Sander Van Dam said:

I’m working for the city, so company phone. But I’m in charge of a team, but how can he see when it was used in settings? I don’t want him to interfere, I want to handle my own team. 

You can see how it was used by using Apple's guide:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201299

Bow down to me humans.