GPU not working after stock cooler removed

i took off the stock cooler from my EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 to put on a water block and after that my computer wont boot anymore i had to pull out my old 980 Ti to make my PC boot again and now i cant get the graphics card to work at all

i took it apart like it the EKWB manual explained it.. any ideas ?

3 minutes ago, TacticalBigBoss said:

i took off the stock cooler from my EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 to put on a water block and after that my computer wont boot anymore i had to pull out my old 980 Ti to make my PC boot again and now i cant get the graphics card to work at all

i took it apart like it the EKWB manual explained it.. any ideas ?

does it work if you put the stock cooler back on?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

13 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

does it work if you put the stock cooler back on?

no it does not 

2 minutes ago, TacticalBigBoss said:

no it does not 

Sounds like you killed your card then. Sadly there is nothing you can do about it and in doing so, likely voided the warranty with EVGA. You can try RMAing it, but you likely will be turned down or have to pay for the repairs since it appears to be user caused. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Did you tighten the waterblock down real hard?

If so you probably killed the exposed die, never over tighten when working on hardware.

Could also be that you shorted something on the board.

Neither of these fall under EVGA's warranty, sorry to say but you are S-O-L

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

Can’t really say as I wasn’t there for install. Assume there was a mistake made somewhere. It’s more common for back plates to be the issue though. Either way, if it isn’t working with the stock cooler on, prolly dead. Assuming you booted with both cards in the rig to ensure it doesn’t pop up somewhere. Or using integrated if applicable. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz