Rackmount case for enthusiast build

Bunker

Hello!

I'm looking to consolidate some of the computers i have into a server rack but one of the issues I'm having right now is finding a case for my main rig. i have a dual 140mm AOI cooler for the CPU and an EVGA hybrid cooling card for my graphics card and i haven't been able to find any rack mount cases that would be able to accommodate those. is anyone aware of any that could work?

Only thing I am aware of. Not sure if anyone has actually put this kind of thing into production.

Although I do believe Linus got one for another Youtuber recently.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

6 minutes ago, Bunker said:

Funny enough it was watching that video that gave me the idea. apparently you can buy that case from protocase but its $1,100. id rather spend that on other components

https://www.protocase.com/community/spotlight/linustech/

Yeah at that price you could get far better cases from Caselabs, Mountain Mods, or just about anyone else.

Why a rackmount case specifically?

I have a caselabs case. They're nice but I do not recommend them, especially if you're doing water cooling. Why? Because they come with rather limited equipment from the factory. You have to buy brackets and shit to be able to put radiators in them. Or make your own.

They aren't bad cases, just sparsely equipped. Which is sad for a $600.00 fucking case.

i have a couple systems that i have re-purposed into a NAS and a router and wanted to put them on a UPS but im getting a little tired of towers all over my apartment so i though that putting everything in a rack would be a neater option and once i decided on a rack i figured ill put everything in there. the pain in the butt part is i could always replace the CPU cooler for something that would work in most rackmount cases but my graphics card has an AIO integrated into the GPU. so if i want to remove that then i would need to take off all of the cooling solution and start from scratch.

Just out of curiosity, does the AIO for the GPU cool all of the parts of the graphics card, or just the GPU die on the PCB?

I ask because I got a 1080ti FE at launch, and with water cooling with a full cover waterblock, I have had nothing but a wonderful experience. It was easy to put together, and I can hit 2.0GHz without ever going over 45c. This is including the 7700k that I have on the same loop.

Its the EVGA hybrid system so the GPU die is cooled via AIO and the VRAM and the rest of the PCB is cooled with a traditional heatsink and fan.

Honestly, you could get a decent small tower and custom cool the GPU (and get better temps when overclocking) for the less than price of that case in the videos I linked. Hell, if you were putting that level of money into just a case and water cooling you could have something freaking amazing.

Although I haven't looked that deeply into custom rackmount cases. A quick google search makes me think there isn't much out there.

What else would be in this rig? Assuming you consolidate everything else into a rack system, one gaming tower would still be better right?

ya in the end i can live with one tower. the racks would be a router and all my networking gear, a NAS, and a rackmounted UPS.